Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Travel Tuesday

Well, by the time you are reading this, we are getting ready to head to Disney World. 

On Saturday night, Butch and I watched a thing on Disney+ about how Disney changes to Christmas overnight. We were hoping to see that, but it happens on November 1st. Still, it was so interesting and amazing! I can't wait. 

110,000 poinsettias. They grow everything in their own nursery and green houses. I can't imagine what 110,000 poinsettias looks like growing. It's got to be acres. 

I asked Butch if they actually owned all of the heavy duty equipment they need to transform everything. He says they do. They used to offer "behind the scenes" and garden tours. I keep saying I'm going to do that some time. I really mean it. My mind is already blown. I want to see how they store it all in these unbelievable warehouses. The whole operation is beyond belief. I would also like to see the whole underground operation too.
This is our first time going during the Christmas season. We're excited---it's a bucket list item for all of us! Twelve of us are going. Unfortunately, real life jobs prohibit Jordan and Mitchell from being with us. But, Jordan lives in LA, so she can go to Disneyland. I'll have to ask her if she's been at Christmas time before. 

People say, "Do you know how crowded it's going to be? Thanksgiving is the busiest time of the year!" Well, to that I say---we've always gone over the 4th of July and, yes, it's really crowded--so we're used to it. Plus, in summer it is really hot!! But Disney knows how to keep you happy while you wait. There's always something to do and see. 

This year, it's going to be crowded, but not as crowded as usual. They are limiting the number of people in the parks due to Covid. That could be good--or bad--since we always get the Park Hopper pass. Covid protocol requires that we "check-in" with the parks before we go to it to see if there is space available. It's going to be a whole new experience. We're ready!!

We have stayed at several different resorts throughout the 35 years we've been going. But, by far, our favorite is The Beach Club Resort. We love it because you can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios from there. We won't have to wait on the shuttles every day. In fact, we're planning to "uber" it to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom as word is out that the shuttles are constantly full. 

We really don't know how it's going to be this trip. But as Stephanie said, "Even if we don't get to ride a single thing---it's Disney!!" And it's Christmas. Who could ask for anything more!!

I'm hoping to have time to post a few pictures from there. We'll see. I know it's going to be a busy week for us. In the meantime, here are a few photos from The Beach Club. I'm anxious to see it in person!
The decorations have a nautical theme. 
I love the soft blues and green colors of the Christmas decor. 

I hope you all have a great time with your families over the holiday weekend. We all loved our Thanksgiving dinner last Saturday. I realized the reason that it was all so good was that we have not had a turkey dinner in two years!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.