Monday, November 15, 2021

Me on Monday


Yes, this happened! I had to wear a heart monitor for a week and then go in for a couple other tests including the treadmill "stress" test. 

I'd been having some problems with dizziness. My Fitbit indicated that I had a low heart rate---very low. After all the testing, I'm happy to report that with my excellent carotid arteries, my heart is healthy and strong!! Yes, I have an extremely low, resting heart rate--41 while sleeping and 52 when awake. I asked the heart doctor if that meant I can say I have the heart of an athlete! Trust me, at nearly 70, I know that technically that's not true. But I guess all this walking has really helped. Anyway, the doctor laughed and said that I could say, "I have the heart of an athlete!"

I have the heart of an athlete y'all! Yay me!! 

2 comments:

  1. How reassuring to know that your efforts to keep walking are paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you. You'll have to email and explain your great weight loss regime, which you first described as drastic or some such thing. I definitely need to get more serious, and your results are sure inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.