Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Travel Tuesday

Last week, we did a little geo-caching in Paducah, KY on the way to St. Louis for Aunt Marie's  funeral.
Just thought I'd share what a typical cache looks like. As you can see, it's just a regular bush. But look a little closer--inside the bush and...
There it is--inside the bush. Can you see the film canister dangling from a string? We love geo-caching so much. They are all over and in such unusual places. This one is actually pretty ordinary, yet still fun! You'd be surprised at how many are right under your nose.

We got home on Monday night and left on Thursday for a weekend with Walter and Chris at Kentucky Lake. 
I saw the most beautiful sunrise, but this is the best photo I could get. It just didn't photograph well. But, I think you get the idea.
One more view. We went home on Sunday and left for the beach yesterday.

After we arrived and unloaded, we decided to walk to Blue Mabel for happy hour and an early dinner.
Matt and Sharon discovered this place the last time they were here. It's really good and they have the best bread pudding! It was about 5.25 miles round trip. We wanted the exercise. On the way home, we stopped at Goatfeathers for fresh shrimp. I've already cooked it up for lunch and snacks this week. My plan is that we walk to every restaurant we decide to visit. We'll see how that goes. 
Two things about this picture. 1. The grill is still here! 2. I caught the very beginning of a pretty sunset. Then I was distracted by the shrimp and missed the rest of it!! Oh well, there's always tomorrow...and the next day...and the next day! We're staying all week!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.