Saturday, November 13, 2021

A Few Pics from the Beach

By the time you are reading this, we are on our way home. It wasn't enough time. It never is. I always say I want to go to the beach and stay until I'm tired of it. But even a week goes by too fast. This time we got here on Monday and left this morning. Originally we were going to stay until Monday, but life got in the way. We have things to do in Nashville so back we came. Next time, we're staying until we get bored. At least that's the plan. In the meantime, here are a few things from this trip.

1. A few trips ago, Butch decided to start fishing down there. Right now, in November, the water is pretty cold. Still, he waded out so that he could cast in to a deeper channel.

And then we wait! Unfortunately, he didn't catch anything today, but the weather was so amazing that it was a great day to sit on the beach. 

2. Speaking of fishing, my brother, Matt sent me this. I think it's genius!
This will be perfect for our happy hours on the beach and sunset watching! I can't wait to do it! Which leads me straight to the sunsets.

3. On the first day here, we went down to the beach for a sunset and nearly missed it due to the time change. I didn't realized it was already starting to get dark.


Still pretty even if it was short! But not nearly as good as the ones that Mindy and Justin saw down here in October:


These pictures look like postcards! 

4. And then there was last night. Our final night. One thing about the beach, since it's vacation, we seem to have happy hour every day!
So last night, we headed to the beach with our gin & tonics in hand for one final sunset.



Unfortunately, when we turned the camera around for the selfie, the sunset didn't photograph well. 
We stayed long enough to see the moon and the still colorful sky. We've decided that we are going to make a habit of this. With the addition of the "snackle box"--that could account for dinner! Sort of a picnic on the beach. 

5.I walk just about every day. It's such a nice change of scenery. I saw this 1956 Chevy one afternoon.
As I made my way around the neighborhood, I came upon it again sitting in a driveway. The owners were there, so we chatted a bit. They are from Bowling Green, KY, which lead to a discussion about the 1959 Corvette we recently sold. Bowling Green is the home of the Corvette Museum. Butch has been there, but I have not. Now I'm putting it on my list. Bowling Green is only about an hour or so from Nashville. That would make a great geo-caching trip for a day.

We did a little of everything this trip. There's always a little work, but way more fun. We had lunch at Stinky's Fish Camp, Goatfeathers and Blue Mabel's. We bought and cooked fresh shrimp at Goatfeathers. We went back to pick up some of their smoked tuna dip. I'm hooked on that---so good. We cleaned a little. We went shopping on the one rainy day. I found several Christmas gifts. I stitched---a lot! I hadn't stitched in months, so it's been a lot of fun to get back to it. 

Basically, we did it all but still there wasn't enough time. Now it's back home to the chaos, noise and mess of the remodel! Reports of that coming soon!


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place to get away. I think the Snackle Box is brilliant. I may have to pack one of those for hubby and his brother the next time they go fishing together. I am certain there are at least 2 brand new tackle boxes of that type in the cabinets in the garage. Like me, hubby like to be well stocked for his hobby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.