Saturday, November 6, 2021

Scrapbook Saturday

Just a couple of layouts.
I did this one for our monthly "round robin." I did this layout for Karolyn about an antique, small, fold up rocker that she refinished. I took the title from her journaling. Bruce made the statement that she was "off her rocker" to do it! I was happy to be able to use some of the vintage things I had in my stash.

This was our AYM topic for the month of September: "If I could ask my mom (or dad) one more question, it would be? I answered it with: "Where did my great-grandfather come in to the United States?" I always thought it was Ellis Island since that's where my grandmother came in as a baby. The story is pretty interesting. My great-grandmother and her mother (my great, great-grandmother) came from Italy with 3 toddlers. My grandmother was a baby. Her grandmother (my great, great-grandmother) was rocking her when she died of a heart attack the night before they were to leave Ellis Island for St. Louis. I cannot imagine how difficult that must have been--being in a foreign country where you couldn't speak the language, with 3 small children and your mother just died! 

Anyway, when Butch and I were at Ellis Island, I found my great-grandmother's records, but nothing for my great-grandfather. Unfortunately, there's no one left to ask. I wish I knew.

 I'll have plenty more to share from our scrapbook weekend last week just as soon as I'm home long enough to take pictures. We're at Kentucky Lake this weekend with Walter and Chris. We get home Sunday and turn around and leave for the beach on Monday. So, it might be awhile!



1 comment:

  1. How nice to have had some scrapbooking time, home and away. Did you redo your scrapbook room, I know you had mentioned having to clear it out for the redecorating?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.