Wednesday, November 11, 2020

What I Buy Wednesday

Well, it's been ages since we had Hello Fresh delivered. We really enjoyed the food and the convenience. But when the lockdown began, I was cooking more and trying new recipes on my own. 

Fast forward a few weeks ago. Butch and I were thinking about starting it up again. Then Stephanie told us about a new one called Every Plate. It's actually part of Hello Fresh. FYI, we started with Hello Fresh, but even tried a couple others. None compared. They might have been cheaper, but the food wasn't that good. 

Every Plate is about half the price of Hello Fresh. The food doesn't come presorted. It's just all in the box along with the recipe cards. You have to sort it y0urself. No problem. Morgan has been doing this for awhile now. She said that when she gets her box, she just sorts everything in to a ziplock bag and puts the recipe in too. For me, I didn't have a problem just getting what I needed when I was ready to make one of the recipes.
Here's the box. I'd forgotten the excitement when the box arrives. It almost feels like Christmas! 
This is the truth! You get 3 meals for 2 for about $40.00. You can add extras to any box if you want more or if you would like a few extra servings. 

Here's the food.
The first recipe we tried was the Pork and Pineapple tacos. This was Butch's pick and didn't thrill me. At. All. It just didn't sound very good. Here are all the ingredients. Another thing about Every Plate, the preparation and cooking time is half of Hello Fresh. Only 30 minutes from start to eating! 

As it turned out, the tacos were delicious! I wasn't really too worried because we had already learned with HF that you just have to take a leap of faith. There were always strange combinations for things. And it all turned out delicious.

The other meal we had this week was Porkchops with a Honey Teriyaki Glaze. Those were delicious too. They were served with mashed potatoes and zucchini. They have you add sour cream instead of milk to the potatoes. They were really good. 

We had one last meal that we didn't have time to cook. It's for a Chipotle Meatloaf with potatoes and carrots. I froze the meat and will make it when we get home. 

We're really happy to be doing this again. 3 meals a week is all we need to cook. There are always leftovers for us. 

Considering I had never heard of Every Plate, I was surprised to find out that Morgan was doing it too. Then, when I had lunch with Connie on Friday, she said they'd been doing it for about 4 weeks. She found out about it from her daughter.

After joining, they give you three free boxes that you can give away. Mine are already gone! My hairdresser wanted to try it. Then I gave one to Mitchell. Meals for 2 will be enough for him and his BIG appetite! Then this past weekend, we were at Sandy's, so I sent her my final free box. 

If anyone would like to try it, I do have plenty $20 off deals. The price is good and so is the food!

1 comment:

  1. We had tried one of these last year or was it 2018? The long prep time is what caused us to drop it. My sis-in-law is now doing one that I think is local only in Arizona, and the food is mostly prepared - just pop it into the oven or on the grill to finish it up. Her first delivery was a success. Her hubby is getting ready to retired, so she is trying new things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.