Thursday, November 5, 2020

Five Things Thursday

1. This is so true!

2. My friends, Madelyn and Madelyn. After 7 months, they can finally get together face-to-face, outside and social distancing. It's been a hard time for them both. My friend, young Madelyn went nearly every day and stood below her mother's 2nd floor room. They talked on the phone at the same time. Resident, Madelyn could see her daughter, but her daughter could not actually see her because of the glare. 
3. While out running errands on Monday, Butch's mask broke. I fixed it for him, but he wouldn't wear it! We had another, so it wasn't the end of the world. He said he was going to staple it when we got home. I forgot to ask him if he did that. I think the paperclip was perfectly fine.

4. Morgan texted me a couple weeks ago about helping her with her Halloween costume. I told her I would as long as she didn't wait until the last minute. Between her work schedule and school schedule, she never got around to it. I really don't know what this costume is. I also don't know what Mitchell is supposed to be--maybe a Titan's coach? I think he has a head "thing."

5. This sugar maple is the tree that my brother and sisters had planted when our brother passed nearly three years ago. It's in his daughter, Jackie's back yard. Beneath it is a little bench and memorial stone her friends gave her. My brother's granddaughters, Evie and Josie know it as "Grandpa's Tree." They were so little that we know it's going to be hard for them to remember him. This way, there is something tangible to tie them to him. At least I hope so.

That's it for this week--other than wondering who is actually our president. We are all so sick of hearing about it. That's the thing about elections that I look forward to the most. Once it's over, all the political reports and talk can finally stop!
Kind of how we're all feeling about now!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty tree. The sugar maples around here are fully colored also this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tree and such a great memorial. Your scribbled-over map made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.