Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Tuesday Thoughts About..

...Planners. 

I was cleaning out the closet in my scrapbook room. Well, not exactly cleaning it out. I was getting a binder for all of my "beach remodel" ideas, lists, receipts, etc.

I came across these and decided I needed to clean them out. That's the cleaning out part.


They are my planners. Back in the day I couldn't live without them. But now-a-days, everything is on my phone or computer. Plus, I'm not doing/planning any meetings, fund raising events, kids activities, appointments, volunteering or jobs for my organizing business. My life is simple now and doesn't require a way to organize activities since I don't have too many of those. 

You can tell the ones that I got once I started scrapbooking. The plain leather one was my first! I need to let them go. Still, it's so hard to let them go. They contained my life back then! But, it's time. I'm pretty sure I'll be scrapbooking a picture of them and telling this story. That's what I do. Then it's almost like I still have them! The beauty of memory keeping for sure!

Really, I need to get rid of stuff. I'm trying. It's hard. Really, really hard. 

2 comments:

  1. Getting rid of stuff is hard. But last night while flipping back and forth on election results I watched a You Tube video about the emotionalism of de-cluttering, and it made me want to take another brutal swipe at my scrap studio. There is a craft rummage sale later this month, so I need to strike while the iron is hot, as they say. She talked about how letting it go in a way that suits you is important.

    I am actually using my "planner" as a record of what I am getting done - so after the fact instead of before. Just got a cute new one for 2021 that starts with November, so that is always a little motivating. The only things I "plan" on my phone are appointments and a quick little list of things I need to do tomorrow - not the big things, but nagging little things that make it easier to sleep knowing I won't forget them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I typically keep my yearly calendar/planner; but I've gotten rid of all the old portfolios and cases that I had (& thoroughly used & enjoyed) for many years. I still love a paper calendar, but I order a fun new spiral bound one each year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.