Saturday, November 14, 2020

It's Fall Y'all!

Okay, it's been fall for a little while now. But the weather has been so beautiful--perfect for fall. I thought I'd share a few things.

First up, a few family photos. My niece Angie and her family, Brian, Travis and Nathan went to this park with my nephew, Johnny and his family, Andrea, Logan and baby, Rosalie.
I love these pictures of them climbing trees. I'm so glad that they are doing this and their parents are letting them. We climbed trees as kids even though our parents told us not to--"you're going to break your neck!" We did it anyway and never broke a thing! 
Angie on the left, Johnny carrying the diaper bag (isn't that so cute?) and Brian in the background. Wait, maybe that's a cooler, not a diaper bag, with baby wipes tucked in to the outside. Yeah, I think that's it.
Travis is hanging from the tree. Logan in front. You can't see Nathan.
There he is---hanging! Someone must be lifting them up. I don't think you can shimmy up the trunk in shorts.
Logan's turn! I think they are taking turns and counting to see who can last the longest. At least that's the sort of thing we did as kids. Always a competition!
And last but not least, little baby, Rosalie. Due to the virus, I have not had a chance to meet her in person yet. Still, I'm happy for the pictures. Such gorgeous, big blue eyes.
Andrea with the babe in one of those carriers that wasn't even in existence when our kids were little! Rosie is smiling in every picture I see of her. So is her mother! What a happy family. Due to the virus, I haven't had a chance to meet the baby yet, so I'm thankful for the photos that she posts on Facebook. I don't know when I'll see them. I'm thinking February. We're going to lay low for the next couple months.

Next up for fall is my dining room table. That's really all I've done for this year. There's only going to be 4 of us for Thanksgiving this year. 
I was too lazy to get the fall decorations out of the Christmas closet. These are just the things that I keep in the butler's pantry. Quick and easy.
I did have the whole gang here last Friday for happy hour and dinner. I did a shrimp boil and used my leaf plates and bowls. With my fall napkins, the table looked very festive. I wish I'd thought to take that picture! Oh well. Next time. I'm planning another dinner with everybody before Thanksgiving.

Here's my annual Hobby Lobby report.
Love this pumpkin topiary. I'm not buying anything else! I have enough. Still, I love seeing what Hobby Lobby has to offer.
If you don't already know it, Hobby Lobby is the BEST place to go for holiday decor. And, NO, this is not an ad for HL---I am not being paid! 
They have it all.

They always have cute and festive dishes. The prices are so reasonable too.
The thing about Hobby Lobby is that they have everything half price all the time. In fact, all of their Christmas decor (report coming soon) is also half price. If you need anything (or even if you don't) it's a fun place to shop--and get ideas.

Okay, that's it for today. In case you missed it, I had two posts yesterday. I did my regular post-- "Friday Funnies." It's been awhile since I posted "Friday Frustrations," and decided to add it. And boy it was frustrating!


2 comments:

  1. What great park photos - it is soooo nice to be able to enjoy photos, especially now when travel and get togethers are more difficult. Your fall table looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kids are having a blast - how fun to see the photos. Thanks for sharing. I haven't been in Hobby Lobby for months and month - I don't usually decorate much for fall as those are not my color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.