Wednesday, November 4, 2020

What I Buy Wednesday!

This was a week of some pretty big purchases. 

We were on a deadline for purchasing and having our new appliances for the beach installed. The counter people are coming out next Tuesday to make the template. I was told that we needed to have the stove there by the time of installation (which is a week after the template) so that they could make sure the counters fit perfectly. That meant we needed to get it all arranged for when we would be there. 

We had already picked out what we wanted. The trick was buying them here and having them delivered at the beach. We quickly found out that we needed to call the stores down there and make those arrangements. Butch spent hours and hours on the phone. And by hours and hours, I mean hours and hours! Really, that's not an exaggeration!

I don't remember all the details, but our first choice was a no go. Either they were out of stock, or we couldn't get them in time. Same with our second choice. Back to the store we went. In the meantime, I couldn't sleep. I was so worried that we wouldn't get this done. The days were slipping by. We went back to the store again on Friday. As we were looking and talking to the clerk, I noticed a set I hadn't noticed before. We're not sure why. Our heads were spinning with appliances for a whole week. 

I was so afraid that we were going to have to "settle" due to a time crunch. As it turned out, we liked them the best of all that we looked at. I was trying not to get my hopes up. When we got home, Butch started the calls again. One good thing, Lowes will deliver within a 75 miles radius. That meant we had access to 5 different stores from Panama City to Pensacola. FINALLY! Butch was able to get it all set for November 9th. Well, except for one glitch. The refrigerator will not be available until the first week of January. We have not bought that yet. We want to measure the space one more time to make sure we have it right. 

One more reason to have my designer friend, Christy handle everything. She gets the headaches while I get some sleep! I never realized how spoiled I've been with her. It's a lot more pressure when any mistakes are on us. We have to check everything sixteen times to make sure we've gotten it right. I'm just glad that's done.

Oh and one more really expensive thing we bought this week---a new furnace for our house. That was an Un-Fun purchase. But it's the price to pay if you want to be warm! Now we're keeping our fingers crossed that the other two units don't go out anytime soon!


1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to co-ordinate all the timings isn't it? What a lot of stress, but it will be worth it when it's done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.