Thursday, November 12, 2020

Five Things Thursday.

1. How true!

“Put up willingly with the faults of others if you wish others to put up with yours." — St. John Bosco


2. This sounds like such a good idea, but rather than taking the book to bed, I'd rather sit in front of a nice fire with a Bailey's and hot chocolate!

I did not know that Iceland publishes more books than anywhere else. Could it be that there's not much else to do there besides read? Really, I know absolutely nothing about Iceland. But as long as I can have books, I can probably be happy anywhere!


3. It's that time of year--for scarves! Try this new fold.


4. Fall is the best time to prune and plant. This is how your boxwoods are supposed to look!

Pruning them to look like clouds allows the sun to get inside of the bush. If you pay attention to your bushes--boxwoods in particular, there is leafy growth only on the tips--2 or 3 inches. Inside is bare. Go ahead, look. 


5. We came across this in a yard out in the country on one of our geo-caching adventures. 

I'd say that's quite a playground! It was in the yard of a regular, not very big house. I'm thinking that maybe the people who live there might do a lot of babysitting! The fact that it's fenced tells me that perhaps they are meeting some sort of daycare regulations. Who knows? Still interesting. I know, who cares? I'm just always thinking!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like such a fun place to play, doesn't it. Those boxwoods are very beautifully pruned, though it must take a lot of time to keep them all so neat. I'm not sure I have the patience to work out how to do that new scarf fold in the mirror!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.