Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Travel Tuesday

Did I mention that I was going to be at the beach this week with my friends? We're at Santa Rosa Beach this time. Connie and I have an agreement--if it's 4 or less, we'll come to our place. If it's more than 4 we'll go to hers in Mexico Beach--about the same distance, but on the other side of Panama City. Her place can hold 8. It's nice to have choices.

We got down here Sunday morning. The weather is beautiful--perfect--not too hot. We just went to the pool for that day

Yesterday, we watched the eclipse from the beach. Last week sent us scrambling to find glasses. Connie went to Walmart, Pam went to Target, I went to a different Target---all to no avail. Nancy is the one who scored for us! She found them at Ace Hardware but had to go all the way to East Nashville to get them. Anything for the cause!!

Anyway, we went to the beach---it was so windy and cold. We ended up covering ourselves with our towels. Still we saw the eclipse. It was a perfect view, although a bit underwhelming. After about a half hour, we left and went to the pool where we were able to keep an eye on it. I'm glad we did it, but it never got dark at all. I think--even though it looked like we saw the entire thing, maybe we didn't have the right angle. Oh well, I'm glad we did it. Just another experience to remember! 

Butch and I watched the last eclipse while floating in the pool with a bottle of champagne--after all, it was our anniversary--August 21st--are you ready for this?--2017! How could that have been nearly 7 years ago? Time is moving too fast for me!

There was a lady next to us from St. Louis. I talked to her quite a bit. She took our picture in exchange for letting her borrow our glasses for a peek. 

Pam took this picture with the glasses. Like I said, underwhelming. And no, it wasn't
that dark either. 

We have a lot of fun things planned--mostly hanging out at the beach, pool, on the patio, eating out, eating in, watching movies, playing games, shopping and going to the movie theater if it rains. 

This is an annual event for us and one we look forward to. We're hoping to eventually make it twice a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.