Friday, April 19, 2024

Friday Frustratioins and Friday Funnies

The saga of the sink continues!

So, I told you about Christy being a miracle worker. She has gotten us a new sink. The delivery company called me last week and I set up the delivery for this past Monday. Someone has to be there to accept and sign for the delivery from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. I asked if they would put the delivery in the garage. The woman said that it wasn't set up to be an inside delivery. The sink is cast iron and 165 lbs. She said that putting it in the garage would be at the discretion of the driver. They would give me a call one hour prior to arrival. So, you really had to sit around and wait. Well that doesn't work for me! I got Butch to agree as I had a bridge date. 

About 11 a.m. I got the call and texted Butch that the sink would arrive in an hour. Around 1:30, I got this text from him:
"This is total b******t! They dropped it off at the end of the driveway! I can barely move it. It's clear they had a forklift because it's on a pallet! They could easily have brought it up the driveway!" He sent this picture with it:
If you know Butch, you know that he rarely uses foul language. But I don't blame him for being mad. He noticed it when he went out to get the mail. Not only did the delivery guys not alert him that they were there, they didn't get a signature either. How lazy can they be!

Now here I am, trying to concentrate on bridge when this drama is unfolding at home! When I got there later, the sink was gone. It was at the top of the driveway. I asked Butch what happened. He said that he put a rope around the pallet and drug it up the driveway inch by inch himself! I wasn't happy that he did it because he doesn't need to hurt his back. Instead, it was his golfer's arm that is already hurting all the time that took the brunt of it. 

I let Christy know that it was here, but not inside. Luckily, it's a sink, so water won't hurt it--due to expected rain. It's being installed on Friday. Thank goodness we won't be here. These kinds of things make me nervous. The granite guys are going to be here too. There's too much that can go wrong. Luckily we'll be having fun on our trip.  I have no idea how they're going to do it. It's going to require removing some wood and painting when they put it back. The area to work is so small and the sink is so heavy. We'll see. Hopefully we'll come home to a new shiny sink.

So, I cannot leave you with only a frustration. Here are some funnies for your pleasure!
THie one's for Jack!















1 comment:

  1. I can imagine how annoyed Butch was. How on earth did he move something that heavy as far as he did without help? That sink weighs 40lb more than I do! It is probably best that you are away for the next stage in the process!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.