Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Travel Tuesday

Let me start with this:
This is a total lie. There was no comfort involved here much less "plus" of anything! We were on Delta. They have 4 levels of seats. This was the one right above coach. We're used to premium economy and this was supposed to be equivalent. Well, it wasn't. By my calculations we had exactly ONE inch of extra seat space. There may have been a little more leg room, but in both directions, the person in front of me put their seat all the way back--totally crowding me. I felt like the tv was right in my face. Plus there were no foot rests. I NEED a foot rest. With my short legs, they dangle to a certain extent which then makes them fall asleep. Very uncomfortable. I told Butch that if we have to fly Delta again, we better go up to the next level. Flight prices are ridiculous! But I'm on the verge of being done with these long flights. Well, except I'm not done with England. 

Okay, on to the more positive aspects of our trip. 

We saw many windmills and even climbed up to the top of one. We had a canal boat ride in Amsterdam and then again along the windmills. We toured Amsterdam, Antwerp and Brugges. It was all fun, but this is what we went for:

Keukenhof Gardens--7 million tulips---only open for 2 1/2 months---26,000 visitors a day! OMGosh!
The entire garden was so incredibly beautiful. Heaven on earth!

Steph and Nicky walk on water!! No way was I trying that. I can barely walk on cobblestones, much less slippery rocks!








Butch asked me if I was going to get any of these framed. There are so many I would love to have framed---it's really hard to narrow it down. Plus, I need to figure out where I can put them. I've been having beautiful photos that we've taken blown up really big and framed. We have them in the bedrooms and bathrooms. I need to see if I can find a little more space for some of these. I love them so much!

Everyone has to step in to the giant wooden shoes! 

I've already told you about the French Fries---invented in Amsterdam. There are shops that only sell fries. They really are the best in the world. Well after we finished at the gardens, we saw this near the parking lot:
Now this is a food truck I can get on board with. I didn't notice it when we went in. It looks sort of permanent. I had too many fries on this trip and cookies (delicious ones available around the clock on the ship) and hot chocolate and bread slathered with butter and too many cocktails---all my weaknesses when traveling. Butch's weakness when traveling---you won't believe it---apple juice! I discovered this a few years ago. I noticed that he was having it every morning for breakfast. I said that if he'd told me he liked it so much, I would buy it for him.I haven't bought it since the girls were little. It's not like it's expensive--we can afford it! But, he said that he just liked it when he travels and the meats and cheeses for breakfast and lots of cocktails. He can take or leave the sweets and breads. Not me. Those are my treats when traveling. Now it's back home, back to normal, and back on track with my eating, back to walking--at least until the next trip!!

We had such a good time. Everyone should go at least once. 


1 comment:

  1. What beautiful photos; I love tulips! Looks like you timed your visit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.