Sunday, April 7, 2024

Something for Sunday

Today, I thought I'd tell you about the best "thing" that ever happened to me. Here's the story:

Nearly 35 years ago, little did I know that I would meet someone who would become a very important person in my life! I walked in to the Westside Athletic Club and worked out. Afterwards, I went down the hall where I met a little 18 year old girl who was a senior in high school and working nights doing nails. This was probably March or April--she graduated in May. It's easy for me to remember because she was the exact same age as Sandy. 

Anyway, that girl was a "go-getter!" By 21, she owned her own condominium--beautifully decorated, had a rich social life, stylish wardrobe, and took fabulous trips! I don't remember exactly how old she was--maybe around 25-27--she decided to go back to school to become an Interior Designer. I've been with her all along the way. She has done my entire house. But there's more to it than that. She is a friend. Someone I can call whenever I have any "house" problems. She does things for me that she doesn't do for anybody else. I ask a lot of her---and she delivers. Every time!! She has me spoiled! 

Here are 3 major things she has done for us that are out of the scope of her business:
1. When we were remodeling the beach condo, we had a problem with our shower doors. The guy put them in backwards. We couldn't find anyone who would fix them for us. Christy to the rescue! She happened to be down there working on a project for friends of ours. It helped that we were letting her stay at our place. But, she took over and just handled it for us. I don't know what we would have done without her!

2. Recently, when we had our ceiling leak in the kitchen that came from a vent pipe in the roof, it was Christy to the rescue. Really, I needed her direction as we had no idea who to call. She took over and just handled it for us. I don't know what we would have done without her!

3. And this---just this week. I had been after Christy about finding someone to re-glaze our kitchen sink--which was just replaced around 5 years ago. I thought Margarita cleaned it too vigorously with the Soft Scrub---no comet or Brillo pads. You know I'm obsessive about things and this was driving me insane. I like things shiny and white and the shine was gone! Christy to the rescue! Really, I just needed some direction--who to call to do that sort of work. She took over and just handled it. She called me and asked if I was sitting down. I thought she was going to lay the bad news on me that it couldn't be done. Instead, she told me that she has gotten the manufacturer to replace it for free!!! OMGosh! I never dreamed. Of course we'll have to pay for the installation, but that's a small price to pay for my sanity! I don't know what we'd do without her!!

Did I mention the I love that girl? I told her that I was just sorry that my friends are all old and not really doing much in the way of remodeling or redecorating. She is just the best!

Now, you know how exuberant I can be. When I say Christy is "the best thing that ever happened to me" that means right up there at the top. Because, let's face it--I've had a lot of "best things" in my life. I'm truly blessed! 

As I told her and then exclaimed to Butch, "She is a miracle worker!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.