Monday, August 14, 2023

Monday Mystery

I was at the grocery store on Saturday and came across this:

Now let me start by saying that we really like these stuffed chicken breasts. I have never seen this brand before. Herein lies the mystery.

My best friend growing up was a Koch. Her father owned and operated an egg business. All they ate as a family were chicken and eggs. Of course, you have to have the chicken for the eggs. Hmmm, so I guess we've solved that mystery!! The chicken comes first! 

Anyway, I digress. So, I am very curious about this. I knew nothing about the business or where it was located.I have no idea whatever happened to the egg business--whether any of the family took it over. There were 14 kids, so surely one of them might have wanted the family business. I decided to do a little research, well, because you can find out anything on the internet. 

This company is out of Park Ridge, Illinois. Makes sense as we grew up in St. Louis. It's not a stretch to think that Mr. Koch was getting his eggs from a larger family business in Illinois. 

I guess it's always going to remain a mystery to me. But at least we did solve one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.