Monday, August 7, 2023

Me on Monday

 So, I was at the grocery store and I looked up--way up! The bottle of Thousand Island salad dressing I needed was on the top shelf---way in the back.
I looked around to see if there was someone that could help me. Nope.

Then I looked down.
Dare I step on the shelf to garner the few inches this vertically challenged girl needs? I stood there contemplating it with the little devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other. The angel said, "Don't do it Barb. The shelf could collapse and you would fall!" While the devil was saying, "Sure you can do it. Even if the shelf didn't hold, it's only lightweight croutons that will fall on you!"

Luckily, before I had to make a choice, a young feller came along. I asked him if he could reach said salad dressing for me. He did. No catastrophe ensued! But, I have to wonder, who would have won out in the battle of good and evil. I'm really not sure, but I did have my foot in the air!!


1 comment:

  1. This made me smile, as I'm only 5' 1" I can associate with this all too well! I've met many a kind customer who is taller than me and happy to help over the years. I have also tried using the bottom shelf as a step stool with varied results ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.