Thursday, August 10, 2023

Five Things Thursday

1. Last Friday night, we had our friends over to toast Bruce and Karolyn's 50th anniversary.
We haven't had a picture together in quite a while. Nancy is taking the picture, so she's not in it. Also the Dawkins are out-of-town. We'll try again if and when we're all together. How is it that even though most of us are retired--well ALL of us except Hugh and Pam--that we are all so busy? But, it's the truth. I guess a life of complete freedom and no schedules can be just as busy as the one we all had with schedules!

2. Speaking of friends, I got a bunch of Rosary high school friends together when I was in St. Louis. 8 of us went to St. Aloysius together too.
We had the best time catching up---on 53 years! Once we got started, the years fell away. It was almost as if we were 18 again. Okay, who am I kdding--not quite like that at all. But one thing--which was great for our age group--we did NOT discuss ailments. Okay, well, except I did mention my CIU as it came up in the conversation. I made the explanation brief and moved on! 

The Chandler Hill Winery was the perfect place. We had a large round table---my favorite for conversation. You know how I hate a long table where there are several conversations going on at the same time! This was perfect! We spent 3 hours together--even though it seemed like minutes! We plan to do it again the next time I'm in town! Or the time after that!

3. Next up---some stitching. I have a goal set to finish this gingerbread house by the end of August so I can get it off to the finisher. I hadn't touched it in months. Just lost my verve for stitching. Plus, it was hard, long and I grew bored with it. But, I'm pretty good about always finishing my projects, so I must!
There isn't much left, but the background is taking longer than I thought it would. Butch is going to be off on a golf trip starting this weekend, so maybe I'll have it finished this week. 

4. I just picked up this ornament.
Probably the only interesting thing about it is that the "Nashville" is beaded. I've made this for a friend--who I'll be seeing in England in September. I wasn't crazy about the finish work. I requested a big fluffy bow. And, for what it cost me, it should be better than this. In fact, I think I did a better job! You be the judge!

5. I will be giving these to the "kids" today.
These are the needlepoint ornaments that Evie and Travis made when they were at Camp Aunt Barb this year. They did a great job. I did the finish work--myself--didn't want to spend that much. I noticed that they each missed a single stitch. I decided to leave it as is rather than fix it--more as a symbol of their first project at such a young age. I think they turned out so cute!! What a nice reminder of their annual camp visits. And, I love the fluffy bows!

That's it for this week!




1 comment:

  1. That embroidery is fantastic - what patience (and good eyesight!) you must have.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.