Saturday, August 26, 2023

Me on Monday

When we were at the beach last week, we visited the local library--for two reasons. First, Butch has a cache inside the library, so he wanted to check on it. I think it's pretty cool that he put one there--with the full support of the library. The log is actually a book on the shelf next to a book about geo-caching. That's a fun find for people--something really different. He was a little unhappy that people signed the log, but didn't leave any comments--as the book is a blank journal. I said that perhaps they didn't know they could post a comment. So, I left a comment to get it started. I hope that works. It will be fun to see where everyone who finds it is from.

Now for the second reason we stopped. It's getting harder and harder for me to get my book club books in time to read them by book club. Sooo, I thought if I got another library card, then I'd have double the chance of actually being able to get the books in time. Since we have our beach place, that makes us residents in Walton County. It was pretty simple to do.

The librarian presented me with my new card and a brochure about the Walton County library.

Unlike my home library where I can have 20 books on hold, I can only have 10 here. That's fine since I really only plan to put my book club books on it. I'm spoiled now with my Kindle. Plus I hate to spend the money on electronic books since you can rarely loan them out. That seems like a waste of money to me. However, it already seems unlikely I'll get the books in a timely manner. Occasionally I get the "skip the line" notification and can get it earlier. I hope that now with having the books on hold at both libraries, that option will happen more frequently. 
I was so happy to see all the other things the library has to offer. Sewing machines, 3D printers, engraving, and die-cut machines? Looks like I can take my scrapbooking to the library!!
Can you tell I'm happy to have a new library card? I cannot live without books!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.