Wednesday, September 15, 2021

What I Buy Wednesdays

"What I Buy Wednesdays" posts are going to take care of themselves for the next several weeks as I buy for the upstairs remodel. 

The first thing I ordered were pictures. Remember I decided to use my own photographs to have enlarged? Since I'm going for a French farmhouse vibe--partially determined by the fact that I am not replacing bedding and window treatments in two of the bedrooms. Those rooms have black and white toile. It was our France trip and the stunning scenery there that gave me the idea to just have my own pictures made. This way, each one has meaning. 

I ordered them from canvas discount. Honestly, I was very leery because they were so cheap. You have your choice of framed (with several frames to choose from) or printed on canvas. I got a range of sizes from 12" square, 9"x16", to 24"x30. They came out beautiful!!


I've already shared these photos here before--and to think they were taken with our iPhones!  They look even prettier blown up. Now, get this, there are nine of them. The smallest is the 12" square--they are not all shown here as I have them stacked. For nine pictures, I paid $307. Seriously! 300 bucks! That's what it would cost to have ONE thing framed. Granted, the wood frames are pretty plain and the glass is not really glass, but they really are nice. Heck, if I wanted, I could have real glass cut. But why? You can't tell it's not glass. 

Thank goodness for one bargain amidst this expensive job!!

Also, I picked out and ordered the ceiling fans for two bedrooms.
This one is for Mindy's room that will go perfectly with the black and white toile. I guess it will forever be called her room although it's really just another guest room now. Okay, she still has a lot of crap in the closet--which is going to be boxed and moved to the attic soon--like next weekend! We've enlisted the help of the girls for that.

This one will be for the other bedroom. Both fans are retractable and have a remote controller.

I went out shopping last week with my friend, Christy, who is handling the job. After a few hours, my head was spinning with all I have to do. Really, it's like moving! We have to get everything boxed up because we're getting new carpeting too. SO. MUCH. WORK! 

All I want to do is pick out and decorate. I don't really want to do all the work involved. Oh well, it'll get done and it will be worth it! The only problem, is that now I'm wondering if we should just go ahead and paint the entire upstairs including the hallway too. I'm too tired to think about it.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.