Monday, September 13, 2021

Monday Mystery

So! I've started the "big" clean out to get ready for our upstairs renovation/remodel. Earlier this week, I came across this wad of wires in the drawer of the guest bathroom.
Now,  mind you, I have all of our wires clearly marked in clearly marked ziplock bags. Of course I do! There's nothing worse than not knowing what random wires are for! Do I keep them? Do I get rid of them? About the time that I do, then I'll discover what it went to. That's why mine are clearly labeled.

This mess contains 5 random wires. The white one on the right came out of the Enclave. When I brought the black tangle down, Butch added it to the mix. He was trying to remember the last time anyone rode in that with him. That would be his 70th birthday. For sure, that cord belongs to either Greg, Mindy, Nicky or Justin. 

I took this picture and sent it to the family to see who would claim them --or at least a few. Right in the middle is a FitBit! OMGosh! Who would not be missing that? 

No one claimed anything. Steph said that if no one claimed the FitBit, she'd take it as a back-up since Nicky seems to keep losing his. Hmmm. Butch and I had already speculated that it might be his. On the left, we're pretty sure that is a shaver cord. Okay, that narrows it down some, since only a couple of our menfolk shave. Still, no one claimed anything. 

Then after much consternation and trying to remember who's visited us, Butch and I decided they must belong to Mitchell. You might remember he lived with us for 6 months--two years ago. So, I sent him the picture. He replied, "nope, not mine." 

Now we were really stumped. I shot back, "there's a FitBit in the mix!" To that he replied, "Oh yeah, that might be my old one." I asked about the shaver cord. He still said "no."

The bottom line here is that we're pretty sure they belong to Mitchell. At any rate, I've labeled the shaver cord as such and put it in it's own ziplock. I've added the other cords to our existing bags of Kindle and ear bud cords. That's the best I can do.

Now if anyone needs a cord--for any reason, they can come to us. I'm pretty sure we can hook them up! Oh, and we have another baggie full of usb plugs. We could just about open a shop!!

I guess this is one mystery that will remain unsolved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.