Wednesday, September 29, 2021

What I Buy Wednesday

Actually, I didn't buy a thing this week. Nada, nothing, zero, zilch!

Instead, this week, it's more about what I'm getting rid of rather than what I'm buying. I'm still working on cleaning out the the rooms upstairs to get ready for the remodeling. Little by little, I'm getting there. 

We've donated the bedroom set and bedding to Renew. It's an organization that provides safe shelter for women and children suffering from domestic abuse---through the YWCA. We've been donating to them for years. 
The round table and rattan chair have been relocated to the attic. We're keeping it in case we need it at the beach sometime down the road. I'm replacing the window treatment too. There won't be anything in front of the window. I'm getting a new smaller chest to replace the one on the left that the tv will sit on--it will be shorter. Or maybe we'll mount the tv on that wall. 
This is a nice size room, but we don't need all this furniture. Where the dresser is located, I plan to put a chair and a smaller table.
I can't wait to hang all of our new pictures! One thing I like about Renew is that they send me pictures of what I've donated in the places they fix up for the families.  It always looks so nice! I'm glad I have a worthy cause to donate too.
We enlisted the help of Stephanie, Nicky, Mindy and Justin to haul everything down to the garage. All of this is going to the Good Will. 
the fan is going, but the chandelier in the background is staying. That came out of the kitchen when we remodeled that. It has bronze leaves and crystals all over. I'm going to either spray paint it--which means I'll have to wrap each crystal in Saran Wrap as they do not come off (at least I don't think they do)--or, I'm going to use some sort of metallic rub. I think I have that in my scrapbook room that I used with stencils. At least I hope I still have it. I know that I have some metallic stamp pads. I'm not too worried about it as I was planning on getting rid of it, so I don't have anything to lose. As it turns out, I guess it's lucky that Butch never took it to Good Will considering the kitchen has been finished nearly 3 years now!!
This picture is pretty cool (it's upside down here), but I just don't need it. The plant stand is going too. That came out of the sunroom. I'm just trying to pare down. We don't need so much stuff!

I've gotten 3 of the 5 drawers in my desk cleaned out---which includes two drawers of files. I still have two file drawers to go through--plus another double size file cabinet. That one already doesn't have much in it. Also, my office has two very large closets that need cleaning out. You know, you keep things you wouldn't ordinarily keep just because you have the space. I just want to get it all cleaned out. Well, I actually have to so that the new carpet can be installed. I thought of getting rid of the triple bookshelf computer desk and the big regular desk. I just don't use it anymore. The only thing we go in there for is to get things off of the printer. I thought about turning it back in to a bedroom, but we don't need another bedroom. We already have two guest rooms that very seldom get used. 

Also, I have to get Mindy and Justin back here to finish her closet. One more session should just about do it.

By the time we do all this, it might have been easier to move. But there's one thing that has held me back from that---my scrapbook room! That room desperately needs new carpet, but there's just no way I'm ready to tackle that! 

The house is really too big---much more space than we need. But the thought of moving is just too darn daunting! So, we'll stay. I'll clean out and then we'll probably fill up all the closets again! I hope not!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.