Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Travel Tuesday

So we went to Atlanta to surprise Elizabeth with her new/used car.
Of course she loved it!

She took us for a spin. She's a good driver. 
She goes on Tuesday to get her license. I have no doubt that she'll pass her driving test. As of Saturday night, she hadn't even tried parallel parking. The plan was to take her out on Sunday for practice. I hope she "gets it!" If she doesn't, it's not the end of the world. After all, how often do you actually have to parallel park? I think I've done it maybe once in the lat 5 years. Some of the newer cars have that self-park feature. Butch just told me that his has that, but he hasn't had the opportunity to use it yet. 

We left Sunday morning to head back to Nashville. You hate to see this just one mile from your highway exit to home:
Yep, the traffic was backed up and at a halt. Luckily we were only a mile away, so we crept along for a bit, but were able to exit. I'd say it only slowed us down for about 15 minutes. Still, when you are ready to get home, you're ready to get home!!

Heading off to the beach with my girlfriends on Wednesday. We're all looking forward to that. My brother was just there last week and sent these pictures:

He said it was the best weather he's ever experienced there---just perfect. Not too hot and, most importantly, not too crowded!

We're excited!! There's nothing like a week with your girls!!




1 comment:

  1. What a lucky girl to get such a great car ready for when she passes her test!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.