Wednesday, September 22, 2021

What I Buy Wednesday!

Settle back, this one's a doozy!

Well, I think I'm chasing after something that is not possible---younger looking skin without surgery. Of course, it doesn't help that I've lost so much weight--just short of 60 lbs. Things are baggy and saggy AND, I'm nearly 70. So I'm saying that right up front. That's the truth! But a girl can always dream! it's no surprise that I fell for the illusion of a possibility! Here's the story:

I went to the mall to exchange the bras I just bought. I decided I needed a different size. 
Soma. The most comfortable bras I've ever worn. And they last forever! I've had my current ones for at least 10 years! Seriously, 10 years.

After I made the exchange, I was walking down the mall to Dillards. There was a guy standing outside a store I'd never seen or heard of before. Now, mind you, I don't shop much. I can't even remember the last time I was at the mall. Anyway, this guy was passing out some samples. I brushed him off and continued on my way.

I was heading to Dillards to spend my Mother's Day gift card from Stephanie and Nicky. Right after I got it, I knew I was going to get a swim suit cover-up, just hadn't done it. Actually, I tried once, but that's when I found out the stores don't open until 11 a.m. now. Yeah, that's right. The last time I was at the mall was right after Mother's Day. As it turns out, I'm happy I waited. I ended up getting this:
Being the end of the season, it was marked down from $60.00 to $18.00. I really didn't expect to find anything at this late date, but they had racks and racks of swim suits and coverups. It looks sort of like a man's shirt, but it has silvery, shiny thread running through it. I do like shiny things.

Next, I headed to William Sonoma to check out the Fortnum and Mason tea. I lucked in to this:
The Victoria Grey was nearly half price, so I decided to buy it. They had several of my favorites too, but I only got this one---well, two--you know my multiples problem! (Side note: Butch made it for me yesterday morning and it's delicious! Glad I got two!) $12.95 rather than $19.95. Oh, and it's in a shiny tin with a gold top.

Once I finished at William Sonoma, I had to pass by that store again where the guy was standing outside giving out free samples of moisturizer. He said, "I knew you would come back!!" I said, "Oh, okay, I'll take the sample." Once I got close to him and retrieved it, he said, "Just come inside so my associate can show you something amazing." I should have left then--feeling like a lamb being lured in to the lion's den--but I thought it would be too rude since I had taken the free sample. (Note to self: nothing is free!) 

Once in the store, a woman started fast talking--because she said she knew I was in a hurry. I had said I was meeting a friend and didn't have time. She asked if she could put some age stuff under my eye that would show me an instant improvement for the puffiness. Until she said the word "puffiness" I hadn't really noticed that. But when she held up the mirror, there was no denying it--my eyes were definitely puffy! I agreed and it was amazing! The difference was remarkable!! I told her she had to do the other eye so they would match. 

Then she started asking me about my skin care routine and what products I use. I told her that I used Estee Lauder--although I've gotten very lax about my routine. I didn't tell her that part. She continued her speed talk and said that this eye product would also reduce fine lines anywhere on my face. It was to be used once a week and the bottle contained 120 applications. And guess what? It was $1000!! Yes, one thousand dollars! Yikes! I immediately said, "NO WAY!" 

Then she asked me to show her my wrist where she took another product---an exfoliator and rubbed it on. Within about 20 seconds, the skin started balling up. That's the only way I can describe it. All kinds of supposedly dead skin cells were flaking off. Then she said that for $500 she would give me the eye cream AND the exfoliator. I said I'd have to think about it.

Her next question was, "What's holding you back? The money?" I replied, "Yes, that and whether I would actually use it!" She then dropped the price to $299, plus she'd throw in the moisturizer. Okay, now I was interested. Actually, I thought I might have been hit by the "flim flam man"! Really, it was like some sort of medicine man side show. 

When she asked how much these similar products would cost from Estee Lauder, that's when she had me. It would be about $300. Then, you know what flashed across my mind? My personal checking account balance---many thousands of dollars from my social security that I don't spend. That did it. I was sold!! I dropped the 300 bucks.
Here are the products. It comes in shiny gold boxes! Man, I love shiny stuff! The store and the product is called Hermetise. Honestly, I believe the stuff is legit because the Green Hills Mall is totally upscale with all high end stores. 
And here's the amazing stuff. It's called "Age Delay Immediate Eye Lift!" And that's definitely the truth--it's immediate. Then, all of a sudden, I had a deja vu moment of being at a craft show or woman's show--maybe with Connie--where someone did this exact demonstration on her. It was immediate and amazing!

Another thing. I got to thinking about that exfoliating stuff. I thought, "I'll bet it's just the product that balls up." So, I decided to try an experiment. I exfoliated with something I already had--this time on my face. Then, I tried their product and guess what? There was no dead skin to remove!! That made me feel better. 

I tried the moisturizer and it felt like--well--moisturizer. There didn't seem to be anything particularly special about it. But hours later, it still felt soft and creamy--not dry like when it just absorbs in to the skin and you feel all tight and dry again. 

I guess the bottom line is that so far, I like the products. Now, I just need to be disciplined enough to use them. But heck, once a week for two of the products? That's simple! Especially for such amazing results. I'll even take some pictures so you can see some before and after photos. I have to wait until next Monday before it's time to use them again.

There you have it. My crazy purchases for this week. Maybe a little over the top, but we'll see. So if you don't recognize me right away the next time you see me, you'll know why!

Look out Target, I'm comin' for ya'!!



2 comments:

  1. I bet you are pleased you didn't go straight in and buy just the first product for $1000. Sounds like you got a good deal on all the products by being hesitant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave, as I would never spend that kind of money without researching it online first. But I do have to admit that I love pretty packaging as well. I hope the products all work out well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.