Wednesday, September 1, 2021

What I Buy Wednesday

One of my favorite things to do at the beach is to walk early in the morning. I prefer that for several reasons. It's cooler, it's so peaceful and it's the best time before heading in to the day. 

Don't get me wrong--it might be a little cooler, but I come home very hot and sweaty--it's very humid down there. 

As for "peaceful," I'm referring to the fact that I cannot get away from the sound of mowers, weed eaters and traffic. Even after a walk, sitting on the patio with my computer, the mowers started up. I couldn't believe it! Even at the beach I cannot get away from it. 

Finally, walking early in the morning is a great way to start the day. After that, I'm ready for the day ahead.

When we got to the beach last week, I realized that I had forgotten my tennis shoes. Actually, I thought that I'd already left a pair down there. I hated the thought that I couldn't go out and walk. Butch kept telling me to just go buy a pair. I hated to do that because I have several pairs already. 

In the end, I went to Walmart to pick up a cheap pair. I had no idea that they would be so cheap!
$12.00. Yep, twelve dollars! I still can't believe it. $12.00! They are very comfortable and so lightweight. They will be good for traveling IF I decide to take them home at some point. Currently, I've left them down there. Oh, and they have very soft memory foam. You know what that feels like--like walking on marshmallows!

Well, as it turned out, I was only able to use them one day. That same day, Karolyn and I were walking back from the pool. I was carrying my beach bag and two floats (she's currently in a boot herself so I was trying to help her out). I missed a step and had a fall! I've got to stop doing that!! One of these days, I'm not going to be so lucky. 

I hit the meaty part of my hand, so my wrist hurt for a few hou--actually until the next morning. I scraped my knee and it bled--about the size of a nickel. But the worse thing was that I somehow managed to scrape my big toe nail. And the nail scraped off down to where it was gone and bleedin--maybe the size of a pea

But, get this. It scraped a hole right in the middle of my toenail. Like there's other toenail all around the hole. I limped around for a couple days. Even now if I put too much pressure on it--it hurts. Luckily I've been busy this week and haven't had the time to walk anyway. But definitely tomorrow. At least I'm planning to get on the treadmill and try it out. 

Still, 12 bucks for a pair of shoes is quite the bargain. Butch was teasing me that now I'm a Walmart shopper. He's been one for years. Generally, I don't like Walmart. I'm a Target girl--you know, one of my first jobs and all. Target's deadly for me. I rarely get out of there for less than a hundred buck. That's why I just don't go! The only place close is a Walmart. So, when I'm at the beach, I definitely fall into the category of a Walmart shopper! It's all good!



2 comments:

  1. Firstly, ouch! What a variety of injuries you managed to get - hopeful is healed very soon.
    We have friends who lived in Belgium for 10 years and over there it is illegal to mow your lawn or make any noise in your garden on a Sunday - can you imagine? They are so strict about keeping the peace on a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you really bunged yourself up. I hope by now all is well. I am a Target girl as well, but I do so much of the ordering online now that impulse buys are a thing of the past. That's one good thing to have come out of the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.