Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Thirty Questions

Well, I got nothin' for today! I didn't buy anything last week. I didn't post yesterday either, even though I had a very little story for Travel Tuesday, but no pictures to go with it. We went geo-caching in Hendersonville---about 40 minutes from Nashville. It wasn't all that exciting. You might know it since we took a couple friends with us! The adventure lab we were doing took us to a historic home. It's used for an event space now. As we were looking at the front of the house, the owners invited us in to see the property. We didn't expect that, so I did not have my phone with me for pictures. Our hour tour ended with the inside of the house. It was nice and an unexpected surprise. That made the day.


So there's nothin' for today! I had one of these little quizzes saved for just a time like this. If you want to fill it out, just copy and paste it in to an email. I'd love to see your answers.


1. Who are you named after? As far as I know, I wasn't named after anyone. In fact, my 4 sisters have "J" names: Janice, Jennifer, Jeanne and Joyce. I'm not sure why my parents, Gene and Jerry gave me a "B" name. Of course, they veered from the "J's" with my brothers too: Ronnie and Matt.

2. Last time you cried? Last night as I finished my book about two best friends--one of whom dies (not Beaches). Very good.

3. Do you like your handwriting? Yes. Catholic school taught me Palmer Penmanship. I have no idea how I remember that. Probably because Sister Elizabeth Morton made me stay after school to spend an hour writing nothing but "w's"--to this day, that's the best letter I can write!

4. What is your favorite meat? Hmmm. I guess I'd pick beef---particularly, a filet.

5. Longest relationship? Happily for me, I'm still in it! We're celebrating 49 years on the 21st of August! I think it's safe to say "we've made it!" If anything was going to wreck it, it would have been this pandemic. Instead, we've actually enjoyed all of this one on one time!

6. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes and have never had a problem.

7. Would you bungee jump? Probably not now, but definitely 15 years ago or before. I guess that's why I can't be on The Bachelor.

8. What is your favorite cereal? Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

9. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yes, it hurts not to.

10. Do you think you're strong? Well, I do think I'm strong for my age, but I am starting to have trouble with jars and lids. Mostly because it seems I can't seem to get enough leverage.

11. Favorite ice cream? Baskin Robbins pistachio almond (if they even make that anymore---it's been at least 20 years) or Ben and Jerry's pistachio, pistachio. Ice cream is not my "go to" sweet.

12. What is the first thing you notice about a person? Their smile/teeth.

13. Football or Rugby? Considering I was pretty athletic in my younger days, I don't follow sports--except if the Cardinals make the play-offs. Occasionally I'll watch a football game while stitching.

14. What color trousers are you wearing? I've never worn a pair of "trousers" in my life! Now if we're talking "pants" then I have to say I'm not wearing any. Still in my robe.

15. Last thing you ate? Sugar cookie. There you have it. My "go to" sweet---cookies!

16. What are you listening to? Channel 2 news. GMA will be starting soon.

17. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? When I was a kid, There's nothing I wanted more than that big 64 crayola crayon box. I never got it. If I had gotten it, my favorite color would have been aquamarine. In the regular 8 box, I guess it would have been red.

18. What is your favorite smell? Those crayons smell pretty good as did the paste in my kindergarten class. Now I guess my favorite smell would be anything cinnamon around the holidays.

19. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Sandy, just yesterday.

20. Hair color? Blonde, but I do color it. 

21. Eye color? Greenish.

22. Favorite foods to eat? Mostly sweets. 

23. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings, but I do not like Hallmark movies--too schmaltzy for me. I really like a good mystery.

24. Last movie you watched? If we're talking "at the theater" it would be "The Photograph" all the way back in February. Otherwise, I'd say "Gone With the Wind" just to rebel about all the craziness. I'm so glad I own it!

25. What color shirt are you wearing? Still in my robe since question #14.

26. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas---although anytime the whole family is together, it's a holiday!

27. Beer or wine? Wine, but mostly extra dirty martinis or gin and tonics.

28. Night Owl or Morning Person? Morning---absolutely. Always have been!

29. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? A new house, smaller than what we have, but right here in Nashville.

30. Favorite day of the week? Friday--it's the kick off to the weekend. And, yes, weekends are still special even if we're retired!


Okeedokee, there you have it. Send me your list! I'd love to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.