Thursday, August 13, 2020

Five Things Thursday

1. Butch has completed four challenges by biking and hiking hundreds of miles. Stephanie gave him the holder for his medals for Father's Day. Quite a few accomplishments since April or May! We are just about finished with Route 66---maybe two more weeks. We're doing that one as a family---over 2200 miles. 
2. Sandy, Stephanie and Mindy stocked us up on beach towels as a thank you for their week at the beach.
3. I got this "badge" for completing 2000 miles walking with my Fitbit. The problem is that I don't know how many years this took. 
4. The line at Starbucks is always so long. People--including me---end up parking in the Chili's parking lot and walking over. I had no idea that this created such a path! Apparently, the focus is on the drive through line as I had to wait inside about 15 minutes--and there were only two people ahead of me! One guy did have about 8 drinks though.
5. My sister-in-law, Sharon posing amidst the sunflowers in our old neighborhood. This area is in the floodplane---where the Missouri and Mississippi rivers meet. We learned to drive there. Somewhere along the line, it's become some sort of reserve. Everybody goes to visit the sunflowers at this time of year. One of these years, I'll be there during that time and I'll go too! But look at the size of those blooms!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.