Saturday, August 15, 2020

Scrapbook Saturday

Here are the rest of the layouts I did at the farm a few weeks ago.
This layout is about Mitchell's move to Nashville and his first job. The journaling is on the right tied up in a neat little bow.
It opens up to reveal a fold out with the journaling.
The flowers on this page were made by tearing vellum into three sizes of circles---should be jagged. I layered them and adhered them by sewing three little pearls on them.
"Family Auction" is about the fun idea Sandy came up with last year for the holidays. I always say that you need to have your handwriting reflected in your scrapbooks now and then. My rule of thumb is if the story's long, I type it. I write it if the journaling is short. We no longer have a printer at the farm, so it's all handwritten!
"Christmas in New York" is about our fun trip during the holidays. I tried to get as many of the things we did on this layout. We crammed a lot in to just two days!
Since I took this picture, I decided that the title didn't show up well enough. I ended up outlining "Moments" on the left. I forgot to take a follow-up photo. This page is about Camp Aunt Barb. I made a pocket to hold the scavenger hunt list and the thank you card the kids made for me. I journaled the three day schedule on top.
"2020 We Stayed HOME" is about our quarantine. We've fared pretty well. Mostly because we still really like each other!!
"There's nothing more American that a "bomb pop!" I did the title and journaling on my computer before going to the farm. I pre-planned all of my pages this time. That's why I got so many finished. I "made" that bomb pop by just cutting the shape. Then I dug out my chalks that I haven't used in at least 10 years!! Now that I think about it, I should have run it through my paper crimper that I also haven't used in about 10 years!! I'm getting that out and putting it on my table to remind me to use it. Hmmm, there's an idea. I think I'll look around my room and pull out some other things I haven't used in ages.
The "Joy of Christmas Cooking" is a layout about a family favorite that I only make during the holidays. I don't know why, but I have a lot of recipes I only make during the holidays. I originally wrote out the recipe, but forgot to leave room for the photos. When I got home, I typed it up instead so there was plenty of room for the pictures. Also, I did that folded and layered paper technique on the left. The strips are 1.5x3 and then folded in half. Usually, I use scraps for that. This is the first time I did it with the papers I was already using. 

"Spring Break" in Newport. I did this journaling in advance too. I included thank you notes and our cooking class "cookbook" in the pocket. That was really fun, but most of those recipes were a little more involved than I like. I'm all about quick and easy these days.
"Tiny Cards" is my layout about those cards we used at Camp Aunt Barb. Josie ended up winning them. They remembered to used them on their family vacation and sent me pictures. I used some of thost tiny cards on the layout. Yes, I bought them specifically for scrapbooking. The idea to actually use them at Camp Aunt Barb came later. I love this color combination. I've kept these scraps together for a long time. Cutting squares worked out perfectly since I no longer had big pieces. 

Well, that's it. 20 layouts completed at the farm from Thursday evening until Saturday evening. Pre-planning is the key! I always used to pre-plan, but had gotten away from that in recent years. Actually, it was really fun to do. I got to relive all the memories twice!! I'm going to be sure to do that from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.