Thursday, August 27, 2020

Five Things Thursday

A few random things for today:

1. After my Travel Tuesday post about our day at the Stones River Battlefield, Butch got out one of his Civil War books to explain it all to me again. Remember, I said I couldn't keep the generals straight? Were they confederates or union? Well, Butch explained it all to me again. Do I really have it down now? Well, no, but maybe a little! (You can see a closeup of the book a little further down. With this new Blogger platform, I'm having trouble getting the photos exactly the way I want then to appear.)

2. Justin grew up in a family with avid gardeners. He's doing the best he can with their little balcony. He definitely has a green thumb. 
He has flowers AND vegetables on the balcony. 
I need to drive down to see their garden in the sky from the sidewalk.
3. I thought this was the most darling first day of school picture I've ever seen. Someone posted it on Facebook. What a clever idea!

Oooops! Here's that close up of the Stone River Battle. 

4. You might remember that I hired Parker, the little granddaughter of my friend, Pam, to paint me some rocks. Well, I've been passing them around the neighborhood--all to people I don't know. The only problem is that I don't get to see any reactions. Anyway, as I'm nearing the end of the rocks (don't worry, I've ordered more---Mindy wanted some too!), I noticed this on the plate. Apparently, she tried out a few designs before committing them to the rocks. Now that's serious and I love it! How darn cute!!
5. Another puzzle in the books. We finally finished this one. It took a really long time for a couple reasons. It was really hard, so we weren't motivated. Plus those extra pieces threw us for a loop. As it turned out, there were only the 3 that were extras. Funny that we would discover them at the exact same time! We're glad it over. I wish I'd have kept count on how many we've done since the beginning of the pandemic. I'm sure we've surpassed the number we've done in our whole 49 years of marriage!

That's if for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.