Wednesday, August 19, 2020

What I Buy Wednesdays

I really didn't have anything to report for What I Buy Wednesday since I didn't buy much of anything this week. I did get 3 sets of Creative Memory scrapbook pages for $20 on Ebay, but that's it. Oh, and I picked up our needlepoint kits from Nashville Needleworks for myself, Sandy, Stephanie and Mindy. Well, that was actually a BIG purchase!!

I had signed us up for a weekend workshop in May. Due to Covid, it was postponed to August and then finally cancelled altogether. I'm sorry that the girls won't experience the fun of doing  the workshop with a "real" teacher. You learn so many tips and tricks. I've done a couple by myself and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Soooo, we're doing the next best thing. We've planned a weekend on August 28th. Sandy is going to drive in after dropping Elizabeth off at school. 

Last Saturday, while Sandy was here, we took 20 minutes to get our project organized.




We're ready to go! I'll be the teacher. I have a plan. I'll teach them a stitch and then we'll watch a movie while they work on that one thing. Then I'll do another stitch. My plan is to teach them 3 new stitches this first weekend. Then I'll give them an assignment. We're going to try to get together one weekend every other month---alternating between here and Atlanta. That's about the best we can do. It should still be fun. At least I hope so.

For our first weekend, we'll have happy hour on Friday evening. Then we'll start our project with a movie. On Saturday morning, I'll do a brunch around 10 a.m. We'll stitch for a few hours and then go to the Hermitage Hotel for high tea. They are doing something special in honor of the history of the suffragettes. There will be some sort of lecture to go along with that. Then it'll be back to stitching. We'll order Chinese for dinner. More stitching! 

That's it, our whole weekend---just us girls. Butch will be around. Maybe he can be our bartender!

I'm really looking forward to it. I'm even thinking of finding us a bed and breakfast somewhere midway for all of us to have a long weekend since our New York trip in September has been cancelled. 

We've got the project organized and we're ready to go. They just need to bring their scissors, beading needles if they have them and a clip on light. I wanted to post that here since they read my blog. When we were together, I hadn't mentioned the light. It's a good idea and I was afraid that I would forget to tell them.

They are excited and so am I!!! Can't wait to spend that time with my "girlies!"

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.