Sunday, August 30, 2020

A Few More Pages

Just thought I'd post a few more scrapbook pages that I've done recently. 

Oh My Gosh!!! Short of posting each picture separately, I cannot get them to go in the order I want them to. Okay, posting one at a time---I guess. What a hassle! I really do not like this new Blogger platform. Oh well, what can I expect for free?!!

This is my layout for our every other month "round robin" where we each do a layout for someone else. I was thrilled to do a vintage layout where I could use some cabinet cards, mini doilies (I put a brad in the middle), vintage ledger paper, milk caps and some mini "dolly" books. 
Karolyn did this layout last month for me. She even made that little graduation hat with the tassel. The tassel is homemade too!! That's part of the fun of our "round robin" layouts---new ideas and techniques. We tend to spend more time on the layout for someone else. 
In 2019, we had three graduations in one month---all three of Sandy's---Elizabeth 8th grade---Victoria high school---Mitchell college. Here's two out of three. 

I needed to make a couple tags to let people know that this layout contains a couple fold outs. Also, I used the actual map as part of the background. I circled the places we visited.


Here you can see the layout fully open.
When I finished the layout above, I decided to make a few extra clips with the scraps laying on my table. So easy to do. That should save a little time the next time I need one.

This layout was for AYM. I added a pocket for extra pictures and did a quilt pattern to incorporate the patterned paper. I mounted the journaling on top of the Chatsworth map from our trip. If you look closely at the pocket on the right, you'll see I made a few clips using 
washi tape.
"Tea and Tales" is what we called our book club trip to England. It had been a long time since I used the paint technique on a transparency. When you dab the paint behind it, not only does it make the print stand out, it acts as an adhesive. 
This is the kit for AYM next month. I'm excited to play with it!! I have ideas!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.