Saturday, August 1, 2020

Nashville

Things are crazy downtown. The tourists are still coming---although they complain that it's not the same. Many of the honky tonks are closed and all the rest have to close by 10 p.m. Quite a departure from the normal 3 a.m. closings. 

Still, people are congregating. They have shut down many of the vehicles that are part of the "transpotainment" industry and limited others. The pedal taverns cannot serve liquor, so basically they are now just really heavy and hard to pedal wooden structures. So, what's the point? I cannot imagine doing that when the heat index is over 100---not to mention the humidity! When we did it, it was November and 40 degrees. We worked up quite a sweat---and I wasn't even a pedaler!

A new hotel has opened in downtown Nashville. It's called The Graduate. It was built on the site of a Taco Bell and a Checkers burger place. They've used signage to pay homage to them.
The hotel has rows of couches. I think it's pretty cool and helps with social distancing for Nicky and Justin.
And Mindy and Stephanie.

The rooftop pays homage to Dolly Parton (although I think this is pretty ugly).

The girls said dinner was really good. They love to try new places. Butch and I rarely go downtown---especially for dinner.

During this pandemic, so many places are closing permanently. It's nice to know that there are so many others to take their place. Nashville is still the "IT" city!! We're proud to be here!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like an interesting spot. And I agree with you that they did Dolly no favors with that particular piece of art.

    I think that once you have gone without eating out for such a long time, that even your favorite restaurants are not the same, not as good, as you remembered them. At least that is what some of my friends are telling me. We have only done carryout on a couple of occasions, like Mom's day and Dad's day.

    PS It looks like you have been able to comment now on my blog. Do you know what changed or is it unknown "magic."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.