Wednesday, August 5, 2020

What I Buy Wednesday

Okay, we need to have a drumroll, please!!
Ta da!!! I finally got my new computer!!! Yay!!! I waited until "tax free" weekend--thereby saving about $150. That's nice since Macs are NEVER on sale!! I've been a 25 year Mac user now. Still, I get really excited to get a new one.
I got the MacBook Air 13". I'm always nervous about the transfer of information. Notice my desktop? I'm very organized and have everything neatly in folders. There are those few "loose" things that I'm currently working on. My photos are perfectly organized in albums. It takes me seconds to find any picture. The same goes for my fonts--all neatly organized in folders. 

In the past, everything transfers, but the actual folders and albums did not. It was a huge task to re-organize everything. Now, I think it has something to do with the cloud that stores all your information exactly as you have it. 

Anyway, when I picked it up, the "guy" was showing everything to me. I asked about my fonts. He said, "Wow. I don't think anyone has ever asked me about their fonts before!" Yep, they were all there and in their appropriate folder. Yippee! He also said I had a really organized desktop. Yeah, I knew that. 

He did say that when I got home, I would have to deal with getting my printer connected. I was ready for that. Instead, even that information transferred! I was able to print immediately without doing anything! 

I did have one little glitch. I could not get my photos to transfers from my phone. I went online and found out some solutions. None worked. I just started really thinking it through. Everything else was syncing, why not the photos? Then I took my own advice: If something is not working right, turn it off and start over. That did the trick! I simply turned off my phone and then turned it on again! Problem solved. 

This purchase has been the easiest transaction yet! What I love the most is that when my fingers are flying over the keyboard, I don't have to wait for it to catch up with me and then go back to fix spelling where I was going too fast and the computer left out letters!  It's pretty bad when your computer can't keep up with you!! 

So that was my big purchase for the week. However, I did make another, littler purchase. I hired this little cutie!
Meet Parker. I hired her to paint me some rocks! I told her that I'd pay her $25.00 for a dozen. Done!! She's happy, I'm happy!
They are so pretty and colorful!! Many of them have little greetings on the back too. I'm planning to leave them at the mailboxes of some of the neighborhood kids. I thoroughly enjoyed their chalk drawings since the start of this pandemic. I'm excited for them to have a little surprise. I just wish I could actually see them when they make the discovery. It's a "win win" all the way around. Parker has a little job, I get pretty rocks and the neighbor kids get a surprise! 

I'll leave them at other places too. I just know that when I come across something unexpected, it's just a fun surprise. 

An extra bonus---this is a great Camp Aunt Barb idea for 2021! We'll go find the rocks, paint the rocks and then put them around town. 

Who knew how this weeks purchases--one big, one little---would make me so happy??!!! 

Update: I left two rocks this morning.

Yes, it was dark---4:45 a.m. I love watching the dawn break while I'm walking!


1 comment:

  1. I don't envy your Mac, but I do envy your organization of photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.