Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sweet Tooth Sunday

No, I'm not starting another theme for my blog. I'm just sharing some sweet things today so decided to go with that title.

I definitely have a sweet tooth. I NEVER make desserts unless family or friends are coming over. And even then, I send most of it home with them. I like sweets! Yes, I have a few around, mostly cookies--I still want something sweet after a meal. Plus, I usually have candy in the candy jar. I'm pretty good about limiting myself. I'm not the type to eat an entire box of cookies. Just a couple at a time for me. In fact, I usually tire of them before I finish the box. Of course, I would love homemade cookies, but again, never unless company is coming! I don't think I could be that disciplined. Heck, I couldn't even control myself when I was a kid! You can read about "Christmas Without Cookies!" here. I'm not sure if that will link work for you. I'm still trying to figure out this new Blogger platform. It's frustrating the heck out of me. If it's not clickable, then copy and paste this in to your browser: https://barbaraeads.blogspot.com/2016/12/can-you-have-christmas-without-cookies.html

On Wednesday, we invited Mindy and Justin to come to dinner---by text, of course. She responded with "Are we in trouble?" OMGosh! That cracked us up! I responded, "No! We just thought we'd share one of the Imo's pizzas you sent me for Mother's Day. Plus we have toasted ravioli from St. Louis too!" 

When they arrived, I said that what I should have responded to the question about them being in trouble was "Why? Should you be?" Mindy said that Justin was the one who asked!! Gosh---are we that scary?? So funny! Actually, they thought we might be trying to trick them to get them here to clean out Mindy's closet and haul all her childhood crap and their wedding presents away!! Nah! But that sounds like a good idea! I'll have to remember that. Heck, it's only been about 5 years. I guess they don't really need that stuff! Plus, Stephanie and Morgan have had fun shopping out of her closet! 

Anyway, for dessert, I made a Marie Calendar's frozen blueberry pie. It was the first time I ever had one of those. It was delicious! Honestly, it tasted better than homemade! Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the canned blueberry pie filling. But you can tell that Marie made hers from scratch with fresh blueberries. They were big, plump and juicy! So good---served hot with ice cream! I sent half home with Mindy and Justin but saved a piece for each of us too. 

Now on to a couple of my other favorite sweets. 
These mini treats are perfect if you just want a little something. At around 100-120 calories, they are a bargain!
And then there are these! OMGosh y'all! They are fabulous. 
And you get 9 of them for only 150 calories. They are like candy. Really!
I really like these too---as long as someone doesn't open them and not use a clip to ensure their freshness---ahem...Steph! Stale---not so good.
You get 5 of them for 140 calories. 
Hands down, the winner is the mini Oreos. Both are great, but the Oreos seem like more of a sinful treat for only 10 more calories. 
These are really good too. You can find these at Sam's. So good and crunchy!
You don't get many, but it's enough.
And then there are rice cakes. Now, I ordinarily do not like rice cakes. However, these are pretty darn good for a little treat.
You get 13 for a nice right treat for 120 calories.

Now all this talk about calories might make you think I actually count them. I do not. It's just that when I'm choosing snacks or treats, I prefer to pay attention to the calorie count. Then I don't feel so bad about it. After all, not a single one of these treats are very healthy---maybe the nut clusters and rice cakes are a little healthy. That's another thing. I really don't want to eat total crap either! Okay, it's total crap. But it does satisfy my sweet tooth---on Sunday---and every day!

What kinds of things do you have for a little sweet treat? I'm always up for something new! Just don't say fruit. Yes, I like fruit, but that's not a sinful treat. That's like really healthy!



2 comments:

  1. I always keep fruit snacks around for a post-lunch sweet. One little baggy for 80 calories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should also add that I’m like a little kid: I pick them based on what the character themes/shapes are! Right now I have ones shaped like all the Disney Pixar characters!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.