Saturday, December 23, 2023

Merry Christmas!!

This will probably be my last post for this year as I take a little time off to be with family and friends. We'll see. I always have a lot to say!!

Thursday night, we had our annual Mother/Daughter ornament exchange. I started it--probably 30 years ago. I think I did it about 10 years, then Connie did it for another 10. The last 10 or so, we've moved it around. Now we have 3 generations and the 2nd generation has taken over--or I should say that Steph has stepped up to be the organizer. 

It works like this: someone hosts, sends the invitations (we've gone with the times---e-vites), provides beverages (adult and kids), sets a beautiful table, gets the numbers for drawing and has fun party favors when we leave. The rest of us bring our wrapped ornaments and an appetizer or dessert--pick-up foods. We eat, we be merry and we get down and dirty with the exchange! We're ruthless--unless someone is new and a bit timid--they don't. But even the kids are merciless---as evident by my ornament this year. I was happy to take home the one I wanted, but it was stolen from me no less than 10 times!!

Amanda's front door as we arrived:
Her entrance couldn't be more inviting.

Her table was so pretty---all of these Christmas trees. 
The lighted ones look like they had liquid swirling inside.

The cousins:
Grace, Merrit and Analise.

The hostess with her helper:
Amanda and Analise.

The gang:
From left: Parker, Maddie, Lauren, Connie, Grace, Malinda, Analise, Katie, Nancy.
Christy, me, Stephanie.
Hailey, Maddie, Lauren, baby doll, Connie and Grace.
Paige who came in from NYC, Ryan, Anna, Hailey, and Maddie.
LaRue, Leigh, Amanda, Paige, Ryan, Anna, Hailey, Parker, Maddie.
Around the food table.
Karolyn, Nancy, Jordan--who came in from LA, LaRue and Leigh.

Malinda, Analise, Katie, Nancy, Pam
The whole gang: Amanda, Katie, Lauren, Pam, Parker, Maddie, Anna, Lauren, Hailey, Analise, Nancy, Christy, me, LaRue, Jordan, Stephanie, Connie, Nancy, Karolyn, Grace, Malinda, Ryan, Leigh, Paige.

And finally...
...the ornament that I was after: a gingerbread hot air balloon with little gingerbread people! Malinda brought this one! I was thrilled to take it home. It show's up perfectly on my flocked tree!

We all had the best time. We're already looking forward to next year. Don't know yet who will be having it. But, it'll be great!

I wish you all a very merry Christmas!! And, of course, a Happy New Year!! See you in 2024!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely, happy group and what a great tradition - I think you chose your bauble well! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.