Friday, December 8, 2023

Friday Frustrations & Friday Funnies!

Boy do I have some frustrations for you today! Let's go!

1. I ordered a floral arrangement to be sent to a friend, Madelyn in a nursing home. Her daughter, Madelyn (yes, they both have the same name) sent me this picture telling my how happy she was to receive it. 
Here's the problem. This is a Thanksgiving arrangement and an ugly one at that. I immediately sent an email to the company I ordered from telling them that I was unhappy as what they sent looked like it was leftover AFTER Thanksgiving. 

This is what I ordered:
Isn't it beautiful and festive? And, it wasn't cheap! I sent this picture to my friend whose mother received the arrangement. She responded right away---"No, that wasn't what my mom received. That was the arrangement from her Thanksgiving meal at the "home!" She said she'd send me a picture the next day. Now, I've already sent a nasty email to the company and feeling pretty bad. Then, the next day, I got an email from the company that said, "The flowers are not guaranteed, but based upon availability!" They then said that they were sending my email of dissatisfaction to the floral provider. In the meantime, please accept this $15. coupon off your next arrangement. 

Then I got the picture of what was received. 
I am still not satisfied! This doesn't look anything like what I ordered. I've contacted the company again. I have never heard from the florist. About that $15.00 coupon: My thought is, "Are you kidding me? Why would I order another arrangement from you that I won't get?" The company is called "From You Flowers." I have posted all of this on Facebook too. This isn't the first time that I've had problems with flowers. I'll have to let you know how it turns out.

2. Next up is this. I had a Pampered Chef egg slicer for years---for years!!! Finally, a couple of the wires broke. So, I bought this one at the grocery store. It's from Everyday Living.

The very first time I used it, it broke. Okay, I'll just take it back. Well, I get my receipts via the Publix app. So, I go there to find the receipt and now it won't recognize my login info. I've tried every which way. I am so frustrated. I think I'll just carry it in. 

Okay wait, I need to stop right here. I've been bitching and carrying on about all of this---and you'll see what else as I get to it below. Butch just said, "Barb, I know you are a strong woman and will get this figured out!" I actually laughed out loud! Talk about trying to calm me down! Okay, it worked. I'm a little calmer now. But it won't last long.

Let me carry on.

3. I'm tying to make a purchase from Walmart. I bought these really cute runners:
Really cute and only $32.00 each. They are non-slip and stay put pretty well. They fold up nicely and not too bulky AND they are machine washable. So, I decided I wanted to buy a couple for when the holidays are over. I found what I wanted. When I went to check out, the website is not recognizing my login information. I've tried everything: copying and pasting my password, having a code sent to my email that never arrived---trying that three times and finally resetting my password. I can't do that either. I guess I'm going to have to call! There is nothing that makes me madder than not being able to spend money when I want to!!

4. So! When I was cooking for my luncheon on Tuesday, I had this bag of coconut. It had a "cut here" to re-seal the bag.
 I cut there. Apparently where I cut was wrong. 
Somehow I managed to cut in the wrong place. Now I've cut beyond where the self-seal is. I still have to use a clip. Okay, that's not the end of the world, but it is frustrating!

5. This really ticks me off and if I'm honest, it's my fault. I was making my most favorite cake for my luncheon--an Oatmeal Cake--It didn't rise. I was trying to figure out what went wrong. I haven't made this cake in a couple years. Anyway, I went through the recipe to see if I had left something out. Now, mind you, I am very methodical when I cook. I start with assembling all of the ingredients on the left of the mixing bowl. When I add something, I move it to the right. That way, I know I've put everything in. I still couldn't figure out what the problem could be. Then it hit me when I was in the shower. I don't know about you, but I do my best thinking in the shower. 

That's when it hit me. "Hmmm, I wonder if the baking powder is expired?" OMGosh, was it!

It expired in March of 2016!! Holy smokes, no telling when it actually died!! Okay, that's on me. Apparently I don't use baking powder very often!

And then this. I hate having an odd number of things, but I have a 6th frustration this week and actually a 7th!

6. I was on Instagram the day before yesterday. I was zipping along, liking this and that, commenting here and there. Then I got this message:
In case you can't read it, I was banned, locked out or whatever you want to call it for commenting too much! I didn't even know that was a thing! I sent this picture to the girls. Mindy explained: "If you don't post regularly and then all of a sudden start posting, Instagram thinks you are a "bot." I don't really know what "bots" are but I do know they are responsible for scooping up thousands of concert tickets. 

Somehow, I've gotten myself mixed up with them. All because my life doesn't revolve around social media. I check Facebook twice a day--morning and evening and Instagram when I think about it--maybe every other day. I guess I have to be more diligent in checking that out more often. I guess you'll have to call me "Barb the Bot!"

7. So. We made a purchase through Amazon of some nutritional supplements that Butch was told to get from an orthopedist. We ordered them, but never received them. Amazon says I need to contact the seller. I do. The seller says I need to contact Amazon. I'm caught in a ring of hell now!

****Update: Just got a notice that the flower company is refunding me 30% of what I paid. Well, it's something, but not enough!! Oh well, I need to let that go.

Okay, that's enough negativity for one post. Now on to a few funnies.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.