Monday, December 18, 2023

Me on Monday

I thought I would share the end of the "ugly flower saga." Just to re-cap:

This is what I ordered:
This is what was sent:
When I complained, they ended up giving me half of my money back and re-delivering this:
Better, but still not as pretty as what I ordered. I still maintain that someone was just too lazy to run to the grocery store and pick up some candy canes. Picture this arrangement with candy canes. That would have made all the difference. Oh well, that's what I get for not going to the florist and picking something out in person. Of course, if I'm sending something to another state, I really don't have that option. 

We spent the weekend at Sandy's celebrating Christmas with them. I had an appointment with Elizabeth to have my makeup done. 
The first thing she had to do was find some clips for my hair. Now, in all fairness, this was her first "make-up" appointment. So, she doesn't have her routine quite down yet. I told Sandy to take a note that we needed to buy her some hair clips. 
She laid out all of the makeup choices. She started mixing. Then, I noticed that she was using the handle part of her tweezers to mix it. Finally, I said, "Are you using your tweezers to mix?" She laughed and said that she lost her "spatula". I told Sandy to make a note to buy her some "spatulas." Next, she needed some Kleenex. She came back with paper towels. I told Sandy that had I realized, I would have wrapped up a roll and given it to her for Christmas! 
She did a beautiful job with the blending. 
When she started on my lips, I said, "Elizabeth, it feels like you are putting that lipstick nearly on my chin!" I could tell she was outside of the lip zone!! I think she was surprised that I picked red. Well, it is the Christmas season. Plus, it's Taylor Swift's favorite. Did you know that the sale of red lipstick has gone up because of her? Another little fun fact: Michael's bracelet kit sales has increased by 40%! 

I actually like red lipstick, but really haven't worn it in a long time. I'm going to wear it more often now.
When it was all finished, she had done a nice job. She said that it took an hour and fifteen minutes. She said that she would get faster. I said, "Maybe it takes that no different from when I used to get facials and have my make-up done. It goes with the territory! 

It was a lot of fun and tons of laughs. Some of Elizabeth's friends and instructors stopped by to check in. I'm really happy that I was her first. That seems pretty special to me!

It was a crazy busy weekend, but so much fun! Sandy's house is beautiful--especially during the holidays. 
These gifts include all of the ones that we brought along with the ones for their own family. But don't they look so pretty? Sandy does a homemade bow on every gift. I don't do that many. But, it sure does look fabulous. 

Her table is always so festive:

And, of course, there must be table favors. Those tiny Starbucks cups have hot chocolate in them--so cute! I love that she uses her grandmother's sterling silver. I know my mom would love that too!

We got a bit of a late start with all of the festivities because Elizabeth doesn't get home from school until 6:45. Before dinner, we donned matching pajamas! 
Butch had brought the shirt I bought him the year of Covid. The hat was from the week before when we crashed Stephanie and Nicky's Christmas Vacation party. Butch showed up at Cousin Eddy!
Sandy and Greg are fabulous hosts and excellent cooks. We started happy hour with delicious winter white cosmos. They served us their traditional crab leg dinner which included twice baked potatoes, cheesy squash casserole, Cracker Barrel's lima beans (they were sooo good--I got the recipe) and rolls. It was just perfect. She had also made monster cookies which we enjoyed the whole weekend. 

After dinner we cleaned up and started opening gifts. There were so many fun and thoughtful presents. We had sugar cookie ice cream after gift opening. We all enjoy being together and sharing this special time. The whole weekend was over too fast!! Whenever we're at Sandy's, we feel like we're on vacation. I tell her that every time. She is well-organized and needs little--really, no help from us. We just relax! We've come to look forward to this fun party each year. It's sort of like the calm before the storm for us! 











1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth did a good job! I think that I need a deeper coloured lipstick nowadays, not just for going out in the evening. Looks like you had a fun time with your family, I love the matching PJs.
    I can see why you were disappointed with the flowers, they definitely didn't look like the ones you ordered. They have done themselves out of future orders!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.