Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Tuesday Thoughts About...

...the royals. 

I don't really know what's going on in England. I don't know if they love the new King or how most people feel about the royal family now. I've been a royal lover for a long time. Last year for my 70th birthday, I got a subscription to this quarterly magazine. I love it!! In fact, I would not allow myself to read it until the next issue came in. I looked forward to reading it. And I did---cover to cover. I never skipped a thing. 
Well, I got a letter telling me that this is my last issue. They are discontinuing the magazine. It makes me sad that there aren't enough people interested in order to keep it going. 

I have been thinking about having a Coronation tea party on May 6th. But it's going to depend on what time it's all happening. I've happily gotten up at 4 a.m. for the various royal weddings. But somehow, I don't think my friends would join me in that.

We'll see. I'm not giving up on them yet! 


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger is not playing nice.

    Anyway, what I wanted to say was that I am still interested in the royals, except for the "spare" brat. Can't believe coronation day is right around the corner - 2023 is flying by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my personal opinion Charles will never command the respect that Elizabeth had. I feel that we are looking towards a much slimmed down Royal family in the next few years. There are certain members who really don't deserve to be included! I am looking forward to the Coronation though and hope that there will be no controversy as to who does or does not attend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.