Saturday, March 18, 2023

Scrapbook Saturday

Today I thought I would share my scrapbook process. 

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you know I consider myself a storyteller. So, when it comes to my scrapbooking, I tend to start with a story. But, not always. When I don't start with a story, it's more because it was a family activity that I want to document. I have scrapbooks going for each of girls and each of the five grands. So, there are many times that I am making more than one layout for a particular trip or event.

Well, that approach is starting to stress me out. When I finish their current albums, I'm not going to do that anymore. All the layouts I do will just be in family albums. But in the meantime, I thought I would share my process for scrapbooking the ski trip in February.

I break everything down to smaller tasks. The first thing I did was have a slew of pictures printed at Walgreens. I usually work in 3-hour chunks of time. Here's how it went:

Thursday:
*Sort the pictures into 4 sets—one for us, Jordan, Morgan & Mitchell.
*Pulled out papers and embellishments.
*Pulled up the SKI file on my Cricut that my friend, Pam designed on our retreat. She did that work. I liked it. No need to re-invent the wheel. Plus she created it in my Cricut Design Space,so that's where it was saved.
*Decided on paper rim for SKI letters.
*Cut letters.
*Printed some extra photos.
*Sorted the papers into sets, added photos.

Friday:
*Wrote journaling and printed for all 4 layouts.
*Ran letters with frames through the xyron—that worked out really well.
*Used labelmaker for two things and printed for all.
*Made the first layout--each layout has the same title (SKI cut out of extra photos) and journaling. The papers, pictures and layouts are different.

Saturday:
*Did one more layout and started on the next one.

Sunday:
I plan to finish up.

Here is the result:

I used one of the CM 6x12 inserts and put it at the top (first time I’ve ever done something like that). I just hope like heck my idea for attaching it to the album works. I’m thinking about attaching it AFTER I put the page protector on. If that doesn’t work, I’ll attach it first and then cut the page protector however I need to.

Here are the piles. It’s going to be the same design, but depending on the size and number of pictures, the layout will vary. The title, some little details, and,  journaling will be the same. Everything else is different--pictures, papers and embellishments. 

I might as well plan for all at the same time.

And that's how I do it!




1 comment:

  1. Interesting to hear your process. I am amazed that you were doing so many duplicate albums. I am perfectly willing to let my two kids fight over the family albums when I am gone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.