Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Something to think about..

I read an article a little while ago about how there will soon be a shortage of trades people. I think we are seeing it already. Our heat and air guy told me that he can't find people to work--even at $65.00 an hour. There are contractors and bigger companies paying much more and he cannot compete. 

It's happening in the auto industry for sure. My car is currently in the shop to repair all the damage that happened when the upstairs window fell on it. When we took it in (which took a month to get that appointment), they said it would be 4 weeks due to the employee shortage. 

It's everywhere. Restaurants can't get enough help. There aren't enough workers in the healthcare industry. The grocery stores and chain stores need help. Help wanted signs are everywhere.

I think it's just going to get worse. Then I saw this which really is something to think about it.
College isn't for everyone, so maybe entering the trades is something to consider.  

Unemployment is so low, that if someone wants a job, there are plenty out there! And good paying jobs at that!!

1 comment:

  1. There is definitely a shortage in the building trades -- many of the builders around here are buying up the plumbing/electrical companies so that they have dedicated resources they can rely on for building homes. It was becoming too tricky to coordinate subcontractors. And, I need to find a Uline under-counter refrigerator repairman, and I don't like my chances.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.