Thursday, March 23, 2023

Five Things Thursday

1. I'm going to start with another cool thing I learned in the photo course I took recently. You can isolate an image from a photo on your phone.




Even really old photos:

Pretty cool, huh?

2. This car was in front of me the other day at a stoplight.
The first I ever heard about the duck connection and Jeeps was on our mother/daughter trip to Savannah last fall. I bought a box of ducks from Amazon and divided it up. I gave all of the family members who have Jeeps some so they could put them out. There are 5 of us with Jeeps. I've only put one of mine out because I don't always think about it. You are supposed to wedge it into the radiator. Instead, I put mine on the windshield. It's too bad I don't get to see the reaction when it's found. I love surprises!

3. Connie, Nancy, and I saw this last night. Butch and I saw it on Broadway a few years ago. Fabulous!
To add to our experience, Otis Williams, the last living Temptation, sat right behind us. I didn't know it was him, just that the guy was flamboyant in a crazy, colorful, patchwork coat. (Sort of like Joseph's amazing technicolor dream coat!) After the show, they had him up on stage to say a few words and take a bow. The entire cast got down on the floor and paid homage to him. It was such a fun thing to witness. I tried to find out what he was doing in Nashville as he doesn't live here, but I wasn't able to find anything. I need to put Mindy on it. That girl is a really good detective!

4. I thought I'd share a few garage pictures now that we're a few weeks into it. 
It's starting to get a little junked up. 
I saw this little trash basket and had to see what was in it. Actually, it's a great way to store golf balls. 
Aside from the fact that he has bikes in 3 different locations, the place still looks really good! This is the only thing I don't like--and never have--the shop vac. He plans to continue to store it in the middle of the garage. I don't know why, but it's been in this spot for probably 25 years. Oh well, it's his space. He can do whatever he wants. I did my part in making the clean-up happen and that's all that matters!

5. Who remembers this?
You can imagine the panic that set in if we couldn't find the tv guide! There was no onscreen guide, or the ability to rewind. If you missed the beginning of the show, you missed it! My grandmother used to put a checkmark next to the things she planned to watch. 

I do love all the modern technology. But, I have to say, there's just something about seeing a remnant of the past that was so important to us. I just wish I had an "in person" copy!! That would be cool! It's a fun reminder of how it used to be. 

"We've come a long way baby!!" (If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure that was the slogan for Virginia Slims cigarettes for women. Back when cigarette commercials were on every channel!








1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.