Monday, January 23, 2023

Me on Monday

Well, you missed my birthday! But, luckily, my girls didn't!!

Sandy sent me a fun assortment of "goodies." Today, is "Movie Monday" with my friends. I'll be wearing my new popcorn earrings as I redeem my birthday present from Regal Cinemas for a large popcorn and coke. It'll be interesting to see if my friends notice them. As for the game, I plan to take it on our ski trip next week. We are always looking for new games. This one looks like it's going to be fun.
These are my gifts from Mindy and Stephanie. On the left, Mindy gave me the Michel set of hand soap, lotion and scented candle. It's my favorite company for this type of thing. The flavor/scent is "Earl Grey"---which she had given me before. I love it. Along with this, she also left a charcuterie--salami, cheese, marcona almonds and assorted olives--in the refrigerator when we got home from our trip. It was a great idea since there was no food in the house (Okay, technically we could probably live for a month on what's in the freezer and pantry). Unfortunately, since I was sick, we held off enjoying it. One night this week for sure. It's nice to know it's waiting for us.

And then, what about that cute ornament? OMGosh! The Queen! We were on our trip when Stephanie presented me with my gift--on my birthday. It's about the cutest darn thing I've ever seen!! I hand-carried it home because there was no way that I wanted to risk that fragile glass getting broken. Now, I'm torn. Do I just wait until Christmas? Or put it up somewhere now---like my scrapbook room--so I can enjoy it all year? Maybe I'll keep it out for a little while and then save it for Christmas. That way it will be a pleasant surprise every year and seem more special.

My girls know me so well. On every occasion, they manage to come up with thoughtful, fun, and useful gifts. They always surprise me. You might remember that last year for my 70th birthday, they gave me a year's subscription to Storyworth. I have enjoyed that so much--one of my most favorite gifts ever--that I'm continuing this year. I asked Mindy to renew it for me (I reimbursed her) because I like the surprise of the writing prompts and wanted her to do that again. I look forward to what this year brings.

As for Butch, you'll hear about that on "What I Buy Wednesday." I might have bought it, but he consented that it would be my birthday present. You'll see...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.