Friday, January 20, 2023

I'm Back!

It's been a little touch and go, but I'm back!! Here's the story:

I started getting sick in Egypt. I thought it was from breathing all that dirt. I was really sick flying home on Saturday--in COACH---Egypt Air doesn't have premium economy--Butch was even willing to spring for First Class, but there were no seats available. To add insult to injury, I was in a MIDDLE seat for 14 hours! To say I was miserable is an understatement. Butch offered to switch with me, but I wasn't about to make him sit in the middle since I don't need the leg room the aisle provides. He let me put my head on his shoulder which was a big help--even though he exposed himself that much closer to my sickness. 

When we got home on Saturday night, I showered and went straight to bed. I had a busy week ahead. On Sunday I was worse. I took a Covid test which was negative. Then I canceled everything. I was in bed most of the week running a fever. Yesterday was the first day that I was up all day and felt halfway decent. 

I did learn a couple things:
1. I am never going back to Africa--twice in 5 months is quite enough.
2. I am never having a middle seat. If I can't have a window seat, I'm not going.
3. I am never flying more than 8 hours at a time again. Even that might be too much. But, that's what it takes to get to England and I'm not ready to give that up yet!

As a result, I am waaaay behind on everything with another busy week ahead. Just so you know, I'm not sure how timely my posts will be this week. I'll try to get back on track. 

Fingers crossed, Butch has not come down with whatever it was I had!

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, what a shame to end your holiday that way. I hope you are feeling a lot better now. Did you have fun before the virus started?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that you were sick. Hoping you are back to your normal 110% soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.