Sunday, January 8, 2023

A Quick Post

Greetings from Egypt! It's very brown. I thought to myself, "This reminds me of Tanzania." Then quickly I realized that Egypt is in Africa too! I can't believe that at 71, I would find myself in Africa for the first time, yet twice in just 4 months!! I told Butch that after this, I'm done with brown countries and states (I've had enough of Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada...). Yesterday, he leaned over and said, "I might be done with the brown too!

A few pics:
Stephanie and Nicky rode camels.
I wanted to go inside one of the pyramids. Our tour guide dissuaded us--I wanted to do it anyway. Hey, while in Egypt, we might as well do as much as we can. Butch convinced me we shouldn't do it. Turns out, that was the right call. Steph and Nicky did it. It was hot, humid, smelly, very small spaces and you had to hunch over for 50 yards before you got to the tomb. There was no decoration and the tomb was empty. I guess it's more for the experience--even if that leaves a lot to be desired. As Butch said, "If the tour guide is discouraging you, it's not worth it!"


Our hotel is beautiful--the Gueraza Palace that is now a Marriott.

I'm not thrilled about all the smoking--regular and then hooka. I don't understand that. Steph said she was going to try it. Not me, no desire.

More later....


1 comment:

  1. It is very brown, but in such a different way than I have ever experienced. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.