Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year!

Hello 2023!!

Are you ready for my end-of-the-year re-cap? Here we go:

1. Blog: I started my blog in 2007. I cannot believe it's been 16 years this month. I've written 3,265 posts. I did 319 posts this year. As I've said before, it's another form of scrapbooking for me.

2. Books: I read 69 books this year. Many of them were very good. These were what I considered to be my 5-star books this year:
The Vanishing Half
Vanderbilt: The Rise and Fall of an American Dynasty
The Last Flight
No Honour
Fearless
Betrayal
Eternal
Majorie Merriweather Post
Every Fifteen Minutes
The Match
The German Midwife
Falling
Take My Hand
Emma in the Night
The Nine
The Light of Luna Park
Carnegie's Maid
Finding Me
The Cadaver King and the Country Dentist
Someone Knows
Lessons in Chemistry
One Year After
Stories I Tell My Friends
One Day in December
Remember
Pieces of Her

3. Movies: My friends and I continued with our "Movie Mondays" this year, adding another day or two when possible. I saw 44 movies in 2022. Considering my Regal Unlimited membership is $24.00 a month--you have to see at least two movies a month to break even. Basically, I saw 20 movies for free. Actually, there weren't that many new movies this year. There were so many times that we'd seen everything worthwhile. These were my 5-stars for the year:
American Underdog            
Betty White        
Marry Me
Belfast                              
Uncharted            
Death on the Nile
The Lost City                      
Father Stu            
Ambulance
The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent         
Downton Abbey
Top Gun                              
Elvis                    
Don't Worry Darling
Till                                      
Armageddon        
She Said
Devotion                             
The Fableman

4. Trips: We took 15 trips this year. In addition, we made it to the beach 8 times.

5. Music: According to Spotify, I listened to 274 hours of music this year. That works out to roughly 11 and a half days! That's more than 67% of Spotify listeners. 

My top song was AA by Walker Hayes. I listened to it 33 times this year. I do love him, but that one isn't even my favorite. 

I listened to 1665 songs. My top artists were: 1. Walker Hayes 2. The Beatles (they never get old) 3. Frank Sinatra 4. Andrea Bocelli 5. Eagles

According to my listening habits, I'm a "musical time traveler and a sonic historian."

Okay, I get that Spotify has all my stats, but I'm pretty disappointed that my musical theater show tunes didn't rank this year. Yes, I listened to a lot of country this year, but I would have ranked show tunes as second. I never get tired of those either!

So, what are your stats this year? I'd be happy to share them here!

Happy New Year! Okay 2023, we're ready for ya'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.