Monday, January 30, 2023

Monday Mystery

I'm not sure if this is a mystery. It all looks pretty dead to me. That very hard winter freeze we had is very unlike Nashville. -4 degrees has taken it's toll--that's for sure.

All of this is supposed to be green all winter.
These are English laurels--which I love. 
My garden girl said she thinks all the ivy is dead too. 
And what we went through to get these "green giant" arborvitaes planted---I do hope they make it. It will be quite an ordeal to replace them--not to mention the expense.
It all looks like a big mess. I didn't even take a picture of the 6 huge camellias out front---dead, dead, dead, dead, dead and dead! 

The nurseries around here are going to make a fortune this year. I just hope we're able to get all the new plants we need. It's going to be a rough couple years as we assess the damage.

And another thing, I'm pretty sure our fish are dead too! 

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of brown which should be green. What a same to lose established plants. I have been out in the garden today cutting back the plants and it is so lovely to see little green shoots on something that otherwise seems dead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.