Wednesday, September 5, 2018

What I Buy Wednesday

Well, left for Charlotte on Thursday. Sandy and I did a little shopping. Since Stephanie and I leave for England on Friday with a few members of our book club, there were a few things I "needed."

I decided that I want to retire the wrinkled purse. Bought this one for the trip:
It will go with everything. It's a great size for traveling, but a little on the small side for every day use. I'll switch it out when I get home. Kate Spade, of course.
I also picked up a little jewelry. Believe it or not, I don't have any RED jewelry! These cherry earring are just the thing. The other earrings are hot pink. Considering pink is my favorite color, I have very little pink jewelry. The gold bracelet with the rhinestone bow---well, there's really nothing to say about that!
We went in to the Coach store. They had these umbrella's on sale---and the cherries were just too cute! I'll have to remember to carry it when I wear the earrings above! I bought one for Stephanie too because the size is great.
Of course, once you take it out of the sleeve, you can never get it back exactly right! Mostly, I throw those things out anyway. I put it next to my curling brush so you can see how compact it is. Still, it won't exactly fit in my purse!
We stopped in Bath and Body Works. I picked up some fall hand soap and couldn't resist theses sparkly leaves. Even though I won't be doing any fall decorating this year (due to a heavy travel schedule and the fact that we'll be going to Charlotte for Thanksgiving), they will be a nice surprise next year. I've put them away, but will completely forget about them until then! BTW--they are $3.95.

Butch has outdone me in the "What I Buy Wednesdays" this week. The main reason we went to Charlotte was to buy Victoria's car! It was a crazy day of wheeling and dealing for Butch, but in the end, he got this beautiful--Passat in like new condition--fully loaded. He is the master negotiator for sure! Me, not so much. I'm like--"what's another hundred bucks when you are spending thousands?!"
Victoria is VERY happy! As I quipped to her---"How does it feel to have the newest car in the family?" Now she just needs to get that license! Almost---only 15 more hours.

I took Elizabeth shopping for her birthday. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of her purchases. She got a "work out" outfit from Lulu Lemon. Apparently, you wear these clothes whether you work out or not. That way, everyone thinks you work out! It's all about style!

This falls under the category of what I didn't or won't be buying!
The grocery store has ALL of their Halloween candy on display and takes up quite a bit of space. Come on, it's September 1st. We all know what's happening here. The store entices you to get your Halloween candy NOW so you will eat it all up and buy MORE when it's actually Halloween! Can't fool me. I know their tricks! I won't fall for it. Well, at least for another week or two!!

Did you find anything good this week?


1 comment:

  1. So it isn't just me that eats all the halloween sweets before the end of October! Phew!
    Pleased to see you have all the essentials for a trip over here - an umbrella ;-). Although we've had the most amazing summer, I suspect the normal weather will return soon. Have a brilliant trip - and I hope the umbrella doesn't get to be used too often during your stay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.