Sunday, September 16, 2018

I'm Back!!

OMGosh y'all! I have so much to report from my "Tea and Tales" trip with my book club to England. I'm going to do it in small segments---starting with this:

It happened again! It's only happened once before on my way to St. Louis. This time, it happened in Manchester on the way back to Heathrow airport.

I fell asleep before the plane took off. I didn't wake up until we landed in London!

We were out pretty late the night before. Our book club friend, Diane, took us to a Cantonese restaurant. It was one of my favorite experiences of the trip---plus the introduction to a new food type!
 Mr. Mann's in Nottingham.
You can see that it met my requirement for what I consider a nice restaurant---tablecloths!

They put dish after dish on a huge lazy Susan in the center of the table---family style. It was ALL so delicious---and very unusual. Luckily, I'm not picky. I didn't think I liked duck, but we had something that was so amazing---it was one of my favorites. Sadly, we do not have any Cantonese restaurants in Nashville. It seems more like fancy Chinese food.

Anyway, we didn't get back to the hotel until 11 p.m. By the time I got to bed it was around midnight. We had to get up at 5:15 to meet our driver at 5:45 for the trip to the Manchester airport.

Falling asleep really made the trip zoom by! Okay, it was only an hour, but still! Another thing about how well I can sleep comes to mind. The oral surgeon told me that I was the only person he'd treated that could fall asleep during a root canal!! That was about 15 years ago. Still true today!

All it really means is that if you make me sit still and I close my eyes, I'm asleep! It doesn't take much.

More to come....


2 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely place!

    I rarely ever sleep on airplanes, even the long trips overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to hear you are home safely after a fun trip - can't wait to hear more.
    I like meals where a whole variety of dishes arrive and everyone shares. Cantonese duck is delicious! Just reading about it makes me want to have some for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.