Saturday, September 8, 2018

I think wasting time is a waste of time!

Don't get me wrong. I can waste time just as easily as the next guy. And I do waste a lot---reading (although I don't really consider that a waste of time), playing computer games (definitely a waste of time, but at least I do it while I'm watching tv), procrastinating (yes, that wastes a lot of time--I could just do something in the amount of time I waste procrastinating about it) and sleeping (I guess most people would agree that sleeping isn't a waste of time, but I could be "doing" instead).

So what has prompted me to think about how much time I waste? Well, it's how I can kick it in to gear when I want. Like today.

For example. By the time you are reading this, it will be Saturday---even though I've written it yesterday. Yes, I did a post yesterday that I had done in the morning about my trip. But, that wasn't ALL I did yesterday.

Here's how my day went:
Made tea.
Did blog post.
Caught up on emails, Facebook and Instagram.
Wrote a note to Margarita.
Plucked my mustache (no, I don't really have one, just a few hairs that need plucking now and then)
Did some Christmas shopping (now you should be impressed) but decided to just save the cart and order everything when I get home so the packages don't arrive while I'm not here.
Sanitized my electronics in preparation for travel.
Filed a little pile of "stuff" (God forbid should I leave something undone---lest something happen to me and people see that I'm not quite as organized as I make out to be!)
Scrapbooked for an hour (that calms me down when I get in to hyper mode).

By then it was 9:30---time to shower and start packing. You read that right. Other than getting my suitcase out, I never pack in advance. I pack while I get ready so I know exactly what I need to take. I start with footwear. I decide what shoes are going to be the most comfortable. Then I pick the pants to go with them---in this case, 3 prs. (I wear pants twice). On to tops. I make a decision as to what colors I want to alternate. This time it's pink (almost always pink) and turquoise. Then it's on to jewelry to go with the outfits. Add undies, "no shows," flip flops (because I will NEVER step on hotel carpet), curling iron, make up, ditty bag, a belt, a pashmina (I never travel without one) and a scarf. We travel so much now that I don't even refer to my lists on my computer anymore. I just do it.

Now it's 10:30. I have a noon hair appointment. I wouldn't ordinarily wait this long, but my "girl" had back surgery and has been out of it for awhile. When I called two weeks ago to make an appointment, she said she was going to be on vacation last week. Whaaatttt???? Didn't she just have a 3 month vacation after the surgery? Okay, I guess back surgery isn't exactly a vacation, so I'll cut her a break. Anyway, today at noon was the only available time for my cut, color, highlights, lowlights and style (yep, all of that---every time).

Okay back to "it's 10:30." I called Butch, who was out running a few last minute errands before he left today too. I asked him if he wanted to meet me at PeiWei for lunch at 11. He did. We did.

I got to my hair appointment early, so Donna was able to take me early. I finished at 1:30.
Picked up Bruce and then home to get Butch. I took them to the airport for their trip to Portugal and was back by 3 p.m.

I took an hour for reading and nap time because getting up at 5:15 a.m. requires that I rest in the afternoon when I can.

Now it's 4:00 and I still have an hour and a half to kill. So, I wrote this post. Now I'm going to waste time and play some computer games!

Yeah, I can surely waste time!


1 comment:

  1. Well then, happy travels. I chuckled that you sanitize electronics in anticipation of traveling, I do the thorough clean when we get back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.