Thursday, September 6, 2018

This and That Thursday

I don't think there's anything more fun than putting your hand in the pocket of a jacket you haven't worn for months and finding money. Same goes for finding 20 bucks in a tote bag!

Getting a sunrise photo while in the car is tricky. This was last Thursday on our way to Charlotte. We like to leave at o-dark-thirty whenever we travel---either coming or going. In fact, on Sunday, we got home around 10:30 a.m. Yep---you read that right---10:30 a.m. We left at 5:30 a.m. which is 4:30 our
time. We had no traffic and only made one quick gas/food stop. Usually, it's closer to a 7 hour drive.

Most people put their BIG bills on the outside of a money clip---don't they? Not this guy! He doesn't need to flaunt it!
This was a new red wine that Greg served me. It was so good and smooth. I took a picture so I could remember to buy it. I hope I do!
 Greg pointed out the "garden orb" spiders that have scared Mitchell out of the yard!
They have quite a few of these. Mitchell hates spiders. Well, he hates mowing the lawn too, but now he has an excuse! That and the fact that he lives in Clemson now!
Victoria took us cruising in her new car. As we were driving around, I noticed these crepe myrtles. Crepe myrtles bloom on new wood. I have mine trimmed back every other year. Otherwise, they grow to a tree like this. I have never seen this in Nashville, so had no idea what they would look like if they were let go. Wellll, I LOVE this. They are as tall as the house. Starting now, I am not going to have mine trimmed. It might be too late, because all that trimming causes the trunks to be a bit "knobby." We'll see how they look, but I want to give it a try. They look like giant bushes!
While we were in Charlotte, Mindy and Justin were at the beach. Steph and Nicky had friends over to the pool. Turns out we were all partying--just not together!
 One of (or in this case---two) of my favorite things in the yard are these hydrangea trees. They bloom all summer. The weight of the flowers makes it look more like a bush than a tree. Definitely a striking addition to the landscaping.
So I decided to shop for new, comfortable shoes before my England trip. As I approached the door to "Fleet Feet," I saw this sign. I have never seen this before. At first I thought it was pretty nice--everyone is jumping on the PC bandwagon. But then I walked in the door. It didn't take me long to walk back out. They had mostly Nikes. I won't be buying anything Nike---ever again. I know, it probably goes more to age than anything else. The company is clearly concerned about their younger buyers and don't give a flip about what they probably consider a small part of their demographics! I don't care what anyone says, "taking a knee" is just downright disrespectful! Ya know, if you want to make a statement about black pride, police injustice, or whatever it's supposed to represent--do it on your own time. In fact, put your kazillion dollars where your "knee" is and help some of the organizations fighting for what you believe in. As a matter of fact, I won't be going to any football games either. Oh wait, I don't go to football games anyway!

And that's this for today!


1 comment:

  1. More shopping for that trip over here! I live about 30 miles from London and our weather forecast is for the nice weather to return again next week so fingers crossed you don't get to need that umbrella. Have a fab trip, and if you don't find some comfy shoes before you leave, I'm sure you'll find somewhere over here to buy some!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.